Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called up the dealer today to bother them again, to my suprise they drove up to Fredricksburg to pick up my Silver RTL-Navi, by the time I got done with the paperwork it was dark, wish it was daylight savings time! I'll enjoy exploring and going over my list of others experiences, so far I'm pleased!!!!!

Gonzo

·
Registered
996 Posts
Congratulations! Enjoy it. I know I am. I keep finding ways to spend more time in it. Let us know how the navigation works. I stopped with the moon roof and XM radio. Don't you think the interior is classy? I love it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Lucky dog!. I am still waiting for mine to arrive. I picked the same model. BTW I grew up in Richmond.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paid every bit of MSRP, no dealer mark up or other bs! I told the dealer not to put a thing on it, no pin strip, etc. The dealer did put their dealer badge on and it only took 2 minutes to remove! I'm not getting paid to advertise for them, so off it came, without any damage to the paint. I'm now planning on all the options that I will install. The only one I'm not sure about is the roof rack since I have the moon roof! Anyone with the moon roof have the roof rack installed? Does it cause any noise or obstruction of the view with the top open?

Gonzo

·
Registered
297 Posts
Congrats on your new Ridge. Hope you enjoy. I'll be down your way this coming week for a conference in Williamsburg at the Marriott. Each additional mile I drive in my Ridge, the more I like it. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a Silver Nav Ridgeline and I added the roof rack yesterday. Looks great and no obstructions. I haven't noticed any exceptional noise from it. There is some but nothing more than any rack on any other vehicle.

I will say that the Ridgeline is so quiet (so is our Pilot) that you do notice any external noises.

·
Registered
46 Posts
hey..... congrats and enjoy.. :cool: ... still waiting for mine

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Gonzo said:
Paid every bit of MSRP, no dealer mark up or other bs! I told the dealer not to put a thing on it, no pin strip, etc. The dealer did put their dealer badge on and it only took 2 minutes to remove! I'm not getting paid to advertise for them, so off it came, without any damage to the paint. I'm now planning on all the options that I will install. The only one I'm not sure about is the roof rack since I have the moon roof! Anyone with the moon roof have the roof rack installed? Does it cause any noise or obstruction of the view with the top open?

Gonzo
As it looks to me the cross bars of the roof rack is movable. So, you can have the front cross bar right on top of your moon roof. Or you can move it further back and it should be out of your way. I've already ordered the roof rack so I hope the wind noise will be minimal to none. I'll update everyone on the outcome.

·
Registered
39 Posts
JulesK I grew up in Richmond living in chestefield now. I bet you feel like a kid 2 days before xmas. I was wondering what part of Florida gulf coast you live. My family and I vacationed last year in Clearwater Beach. It was real nice. I was watching the travel channel the other day and they had the top ten beaches in the USA. Naples was either 1st or 2nd I can't remember which. Do you know how naples beaches are. And activities to do as far as water parks and different attractions.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Gonzo said:
Called up the dealer today to bother them again, to my suprise they drove up to Fredricksburg to pick up my Silver RTL-Navi, by the time I got done with the paperwork it was dark, wish it was daylight savings time! I'll enjoy exploring and going over my list of others experiences, so far I'm pleased!!!!!

Gonzo
Welcome to the bond Gonzo! you picked the best color too! Enjoy your truck!

·
Registered
146 Posts
bongus said:
As it looks to me the cross bars of the roof rack is movable. So, you can have the front cross bar right on top of your moon roof. Or you can move it further back and it should be out of your way. I've already ordered the roof rack so I hope the wind noise will be minimal to none. I'll update everyone on the outcome.

I keep rack cross bars in the rearward most positions. I think there is slightly less wind noise that way. My Grand Cherokee manual recommended this for that model so I tried it on the Ridge.

The only thing I am monitoring is that having the bars rearward, they present slightly more obstructive view of the sky for the XM antenna. Since the XM radio cuts out at various places along my routes (no matter where the rack is), it is hard to tell if the rack is making much of a difference.

·
Premium Member
6,880 Posts
Gonzo, welcome aboard! Do you plan any mods on your new ride?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts