Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Just traded in my RSX for a Ridgeline, It hasn't rolled off the line yet, but I pick it up in 2 weeks. Just want to say hi, and hope get some Ontario meets going.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Congrats and enjoy the ride :D

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Too many speeding tickets in the RSX? ;) I gotta warn ya, you will find yourself crusing at 85 in the Ridgeline without even noticing it.

Congratulations! I know that you will be enjoying the ride!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha, some how I never got in trouble with the Law with the RSX. But its not the best car for towing a sled. I'm going to miss it like mad, but i will enjoy the Ridgeline in a whole other way:)

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Hi Q1000, Welcome to the club! One of the neatest things I found from leaving my twin-cam del-Sol was in the Ridgeline you are able to “SEE” boneheads way ahead of time on the freeways so you can take evasive action way before you “step in it.” BTW, I did'nt know Acura made a carbon fiber hood for the RSX. Very nice car.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5S Dude said:
Hi Q1000, Welcome to the club! One of the neatest things I found from leaving my twin-cam del-Sol was in the Ridgeline you are able to “SEE” boneheads way ahead of time on the freeways so you can take evasive action way before you “step in it.” BTW, I did'nt know Acura made a carbon fiber hood for the RSX. Very nice car.
ah its was a OEM style CF hood. Yeah I won't be so freaked about hitting train tracks and speed bumps anymore.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Yeah I won't be so freaked about hitting train tracks and speed bumps anymore.
No need to freak out, for sure, because you won't even notice them. :)

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Q1000 said:
Hello all! Just traded in my RSX for a Ridgeline, It hasn't rolled off the line yet, but I pick it up in 2 weeks. Just want to say hi, and hope get some Ontario meets going.
Welcome and tell us more about yourself

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2743

and about this fabulous truck you're waiting on. For instance, WHAT COLOR did you choose? Be sure to go vote on your color too.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I got a Silver one with leather and sunroof & got the towing package. It still has to be built. I live in a small town north of Toronto, about 10min from the Honda plant in Alliston. (where the ridgeline is made). My mother has worked at the Civic plant since it opened. so I get some good inside info from time to time. I worked at the ridgeline plant as a summer student in 2001, but they only made the Pilot, Van, and MDX at the time. I work for a injection molding plant that makes parts for Honda, some ridgeline parts. I'm 24 and I love to Sled!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
LadyRidge will be thrilled to have another Silver about. Good for you. The next few days are going to be long.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Like Truckin said...... The coming days will seem very long, but You will love
it when you drive it. Congratulations from the Swamps of La.

:) :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone:D Dealer just called, they took delivery today, but they still have to install the tow package, so getting it on friday! w00t. I'll need these next few days to say good bye to the RSX:(

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Q1000 said:
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone:D Dealer just called, they took delivery today, but they still have to install the tow package, so getting it on friday! w00t. I'll need these next few days to say good bye to the RSX:(
Congrats! They should be able to install the tow package in less than an hour, but I suspect they have other prep work to do as well.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Picking her up tomorrow. Got my vin checked out at the plant. It was in weld on Oct 26, In paint on 26th, Quality Off on 27th, Straight shipped on 27th. That means it didn't have to go in to repair for anything. wooooooo

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Nice choice in avatar. That's one of my all time favorite movies.

Late builds don't exempt you from problems. I wish you the best of luck with your new Ridgeline.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to a great truck! :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Q1000 said:
Picking her up tomorrow. Got my vin checked out at the plant. It was in weld on Oct 26, In paint on 26th...
Oh good, it did get painted. I was afraid they may overlook that part!
Better check carefully though, it has been widely reported that many RLs are coming out with primer only!:D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Looks like I missed congratulating you on your new truck. Guess I was distracted by the pictures of the white car. Anyway, congrats, and post pictures of your truck when you get it.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
How fun for you to have it to drive around this weekend. I don't think we spent any daylight hours at home our first weekend.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts