Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steel Blue RTL-S/R. This was a dealer locate/swap for an RTS. The salesman and I drove down with the RTS and I drove the RTL back. It was a nice, easy, enjoyable first 100 miles. I had to do some defensive driving as interested people were doing some pretty stupid things to check the truck out.

The other dealer had already installed a roof rack, running boards, Lo-Jack, auto mirror, mats, and cargo nets. Got the truck for MSRP plus $200 for the accessories, and $1000 over book for my trade. Everybody wins. I'll post pix soon.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Shovelhd,

ConGrats, I would say you scored pretty good. What part of the country are you in that they went ahead installed a Lo-Jack, New York, or Boston area, I know they are ver popular out there.

shovelhd said:
Steel Blue RTL-S/R. This was a dealer locate/swap for an RTS. The salesman and I drove down with the RTS and I drove the RTL back. It was a nice, easy, enjoyable first 100 miles. I had to do some defensive driving as interested people were doing some pretty stupid things to check the truck out.

The other dealer had already installed a roof rack, running boards, Lo-Jack, auto mirror, mats, and cargo nets. Got the truck for MSRP plus $200 for the accessories, and $1000 over book for my trade. Everybody wins. I'll post pix soon.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Sounds like you got a great deal.

Is there a monthly fee for that Lo-Jack?

·
Registered
119 Posts
There's no monthly fee for LoJack, just the initial payment. I have it on my M3, and fortunately have never had to use it. I ordered it on my RL with the hope I won't have to use it either.

·
2,346 Posts
Okay then, how much does it cost? I am asking because it sounds like something I may want to purchase.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I paid $695. A friend of mine had his car tracked down and returned unharmed with his Lojack, so I am a big fan. Car theft is big business here in CA.

·
2,346 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. The price seems resonable for the protection that you get.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dealer we got it from is outside of NYC. I live in a rural area of New England, so I would have never bought it, but hey, it was installed along with all of the other accessories, so I'll take it. In a month or two I'll find out how much it will save me on my insurance, since they have no table for the Ridgeline yet.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Picking up my Amazon RTL today at 10am. Can't wait. I put a deposit on it over 6 weeks ago (couple of days after the SUPERBOWL), but I knew I would wait a little for the color. Not getting any dealer accessories because of how they want to rip you off. Even with a dealer discount, the price is still hundreds over just doing it yourself. My wife has me hauling something in the back already this weekend.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ridge said:
I'm not sure low jack is required. That truck isn't going anywhere without the key. The key is coded so it is required even to send fuel to the engine, so why lo jack tracking system?
In case they flatbed your truck and haul it away...depending on age, loss from theft doesn't always mean a replacement--just blue book. I don't have it on my vehicles but if I lived in an area like NYC or LA, I'd probably give it serious thought. Around here, they still have to warn people to not leave their keys in the ignition with the doors unlocked!

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Like I said, I would have never bought it, but it cost me basically nothing and it will save me 35% on my comprehensive insurance every year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts