Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Very nice pictures. The finished jobs look very clean and professional.

I really like the metallic dash trim. I'll bet that Honda adds that as standard to the RT-L trim level in the near future ('07 model) It seems to 'belong' in the vehicle.

What is the front bumper guard made of? Is it metal mostly or plastic?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
zero said:
Very nice pictures. The finished jobs look very clean and professional.
I really like the metallic dash trim. I'll bet that Honda adds that as standard to the RT-L trim level in the near future ('07 model) It seems to 'belong' in the vehicle.
What is the front bumper guard made of? Is it metal mostly or plastic?
Thanks, I was most pleased too considering I did it all myself, sometimes I can really screw stuff up :) The bumper guard is purely cosmetic. It's all plastic and probably weighs like 5 pounds. I still like it though.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BamaRidge said:
Very nice work. Was removing and replacing the dash very hard.
Didn't have to. It stuck on with adhesive over the existing dash. It's very thin so doesn't effect the operation of the buttons & dials. I was worried at first it would be thicker and protrude out a little more but it's really a perfect fit.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply... I was little concerned about adding a rattle after re-installation but would be no problem when installed as a facade.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks great, that was the color I did want, now I am not so sure maybe the green since has two tone inside. But great pic.and very nice job on all. Do you feel that metal overlay will stay with out dogears? Meening dont pull up in couple months...

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cztomo said:
Looks great, that was the color I did want, now I am not so sure maybe the green since has two tone inside. But great pic.and very nice job on all. Do you feel that metal overlay will stay with out dogears? Meening dont pull up in couple months...
Hope it will stay on, only time will I guess. Had I a choice I would have still gotten the steel blue but with an Olive interior. The gray is actually two tone also but not by much and I find it a little dark inside. I think the Olive is far better but my dislike for the Amazon Green color out weighed my like for the Olive thus my blue choice.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
See what you did...now I have to buy the metal trim sooner than later. Looks great and hopefully we can meet for a photo shoot on Mt Diablo.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bongus said:
See what you did...now I have to buy the metal trim sooner than later. Looks great and hopefully we can meet for a photo shoot on Mt Diablo.
Ignorance is bliss :). Looks like this weekend is going to be rainy again and most likely my truck will be in the shop again anyway. Lets shoot for weekend after next.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That looks pretty trick. I like it alot. You shouldn't have to worry about the adhesive. I had a factory woodkit (plastic) installed in my 99 accord...it didn't budge. Now that's an idea... a wood kit for the ridgline hmmm....
let me see...Dear Honda Factory...please make kits in mahagony, birds eye maple and burled wood...oh and while you're at it...carbon fiber....lol...we can dream can't we...congrats on your truck!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
CaliforniaRidgeline said:
That looks pretty trick. I like it alot. You shouldn't have to worry about the adhesive. I had a factory woodkit (plastic) installed in my 99 accord...it didn't budge. Now that's an idea... a wood kit for the ridgline hmmm....
let me see...Dear Honda Factory...please make kits in mahagony, birds eye maple and burled wood...oh and while you're at it...carbon fiber....lol...we can dream can't we...congrats on your truck!
Hey CaliforniaRidgeline, interested in meeting other owners for a photo shoot at Mt Diablo on April 2nd?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Metal dash trim: My observations

I just saw the dash kit in person installed in a white RTL yesterday. Here is my opinion on what I saw:

1. The metal "look" is different than the door handles and steering wheel, less metallic-looking.

2. The door panels look like stick on pieces, but the dash looks very "factory-installed" looking. Too bad the door panel pieces weren't replacements for the stock gray plastic pieces instead of stick-ons.

3. I personally prefer the stock dash look on my Silver RTL w/dark gray interior. The dash kit, to me, over-does the look a bit. The door panels would look cool if they truly matched the grab handles, but then again, those handles show every finger print imaginable and is a pain to keep looking good, so I probably wouldn't add the door pieces even if they matched the grab handles.

I LOVE the pattern on the black dash that I have now--it ties in with the rest of the car (that tylenol caplet shape is used throughout the vehicle--the more you clean the car, the more you see this shape scattered throughout--floor mats, bumper plastic, side bed caps, etc.).

For those of you who have installed the dash kit, please do not take offense! This, as in most upgrades, are highly subjective and I just wanted to share my thoughts with y'all.

Aloha,
Keoni

·
Registered
288 Posts
Say Vertrkr,
I am waiting on my install (too cold) but how hard was it? Did you start on one side (left or right) or from top to bottom? And did your trim have like a rubber piece surrounding the rim of the trim?

Thanks...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just to clarify, you said the metal interior trim was stick-on? Looks great! Is that the one you buy from the dealership or an aftermarket co?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts