Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

401 - 414 of 414 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Apparently not a revised radiator in 2015 not sure about the new body style. Anyone try and sucessful at getting the radiator replaced under warranty? I have the Honda extended warranty on my Pilot.

·
Super Moderator
6,756 Posts
Apparently not a revised radiator in 2015 not sure about the new body style. Anyone try and sucessful at getting the radiator replaced under warranty? I have the Honda extended warranty on my Pilot.
I have heard of one replacement by insurance, as the driver got lucky and the shop “sold it to the insurance” as it was an impact which took out the radiator

Over 14 years hear, never heard of anything from Honda Care or aftermarket warranty coverage handling the issue.

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Piloteers community may be able to advise on you that. As far as the Ridgeline is concerned, nope.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Update- I took it to the dealer and they said they will not replace because it is rusty but they will replace if it broke off tho. So i said great will you replace my transmission too?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks to this forum I checked mine out, any advice/opinions on these? Truck is a 2014, bought in Nov 2013, with 71,000 miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased a 1-owner 2007 RTS with 185xxx miles. It just had water pump, timing belt, tensioners done. Everything seems to be in great shape but of course anticipated the radiator might not have been done yet. It looks original to me (correct me if I'm wrong?) so I'm planning on replacing it at a shop. Is asking them to order the OEM Denso still a recommended plan? Planning on driving the truck low miles per year as it is a 3rd vehicle for us. It needs new tires, but any other items I should ask the shop to do at same time (was thinking spark plugs)? Pictures attached (1st is driver side and 2nd is passenger). Thanks...Excited to own an RL!

·
Super Moderator
4,724 Posts
I just purchased a 1-owner 2007 RTS with 185xxx miles. It just had water pump, timing belt, tensioners done. Everything seems to be in great shape but of course anticipated the radiator might not have been done yet. It looks original to me (correct me if I'm wrong?) so I'm planning on replacing it at a shop. Is asking them to order the OEM Denso still a recommended plan? Planning on driving the truck low miles per year as it is a 3rd vehicle for us. It needs new tires, but any other items I should ask the shop to do at same time (was thinking spark plugs)? Pictures attached (1st is driver side and 2nd is passenger). Thanks...Excited to own an RL! View attachment 396188 View attachment 396189
It definitely looks like you are running on borrowed time with that radiator. When you get the spark plugs changed you might ask about a valve adjustment, if you are heading abnormal noise from them. It's always nice to read about owners who are doing the proper maintenance on their vehicles.

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
@Matt77 , it looks fine to me.

@haymaker18 , you may want to look at a new radiator soon. those fittings are rather very corroded. Do not get hung up on who makes the radiator. I run a $100 TYC for 2.5years and it is just fine for the NJ snow and road salt. Just make sure you keep up on the maintenance of your truck.

·
Super Moderator
22,573 Posts
It definitely looks like you are running on borrowed time with that radiator. When you get the spark plugs changed you might ask about a valve adjustment, if you are heading abnormal noise from them. It's always nice to read about owners who are doing the proper maintenance on their vehicles.
And regardless whether the valves seem noisy or not... maybe especially if NOT... have the valves adjusted routinely. The exhaust valves tend to wear into the seat which reduces valve lash creating tight valves. Tight valves can burn and IMO, a tight valve (no noise) is a worse case condition than a loose valve (noisy).

I do the valves every TB/WP service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
And regardless whether the valves seem noisy or not... maybe especially if NOT... have the valves adjusted routinely. The exhaust valves tend to wear into the seat which reduces valve lash creating tight valves. Tight valves can burn and IMO, a tight valve (no noise) is a worse case condition than a loose valve (noisy).

I do the valves every TB/WP service.
Thanks to the advice on the forum, I got the valves adjusted, the new radiator in, spark plugs replaced, oil changed, tires rotated, fluids checked/topped off and a more thorough inspection since I had another mechanic look at it kind of quickly before I bought it. They also replaced the air filter and the cabin air filter as they were pretty filthy. The only thing that they found was that it looks like I have a slight leak in the axle seal, but they didn't seem very concerned about it (just that we should keep an eye on it). The shop tried to buy the vehicle from me on the spot, so I'll take that as a very good sign that I have a nice RL, given the higher miles. It runs and drives like a dream!

401 - 414 of 414 Posts