Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone with a Billet Silver RL have a deflector installed on the hood? If so, do you have any pictures? I received my first hood chip yesterday and as much as I don't want to, I'm considering installing a deflector. I'd love to see front-on, perspective and if possible a shot from the drivers seat. I would be greatful for this will help me to decide!!
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
774 Posts
jch said:
Does anyone with a Billet Silver RL have a deflector installed on the hood? If so, do you have any pictures? I received my first hood chip yesterday and as much as I don't want to, I'm considering installing a deflector. I'd love to see front-on, perspective and if possible a shot from the drivers seat. I would be greatful for this will help me to decide!!
Thanks in advance.
I have pics that I can post tonight when I get home from the office. I'll check the site this evening and post them if nobody else has responded. BTW- while the deflector might help the hood, there is still a LOT of paint on the front end that is still susceptible to damage. In recent years, I have always protected my front end with a nose mask. However, the RL is too big- the mask would be too obvious. I'll probably look into the clear treatment.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you kindly denvrfan. Looks great! nice steps and fogs as well!
Any pix from the drivers seat? This may sound like a dumb request, but I had my last truck with a deflector for 11 years. After a while, it got old looking out of my windshield and seeing this thing sticking up form the hood. :eek: I'd like to see what I'll be looking at for the next 11 years before I purchase one.
Thanks much!! :D

·
Registered
774 Posts
You ask and you shall receive (that's what this club is all about). You'll find everybody to be very helpful. I also sent a couple of additional shots to your home email.

As you can see, only a small sliver of the deflector is visible. Actually, I had to hop in the cab to even remember if you could see any of it.

BTW- don't tell my wife that you're going to own your Ridgeline for 11 years. I'm committed to mine for 3 years since my recent track record of buying new cars is way too frequent for her :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a "mile high" denvrfan for your quick response with the exact pics I was after!! :p I'm amazed that for how tall the deflector looks from the front, you can hardly see it from the drivers seat. Although the drivers seat shot was the clincher for me, the front-on picture you emailed me was the money shot. The truck looks outstanding from this front picture. You should post this shot as well!
Thanks again sharing your very nice, well accessorized RL pictures.

·
Registered
290 Posts
denvrfan
Did you install it yourself, or did the dealer do, was it expensive. Your truck look great. That should look good on my greem rtl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts