Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's been suggested that the 2016 Pilot Weathertech FRONT floor mats will work perfectly in the G2, has anyone been able to confirm this first hand?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know it's been suggested that the 2016 Pilot Weathertech FRONT floor mats will work perfectly in the G2, has anyone been able to confirm this first hand?
Well? Has anyone actually confirmed this? I called WeatherTech and they can't give any kind of timeline,......I need front mats. I live in the southeast coast and it storms almost every day......I am about to order 2016 Pilot front mats but I want to be 100% sure the fit right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just installed the 2017 ridgeline mats from the accessories catalog. Why are you not considering ordering these? They seem well constructed and perfect fitment.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just installed the 2017 ridgeline mats from the accessories catalog. Why are you not considering ordering these? They seem well constructed and perfect fitment.
I like the way the WeatherTech cover under the pedals to keep the carpet dry......The Honda mats don't come up as high.....

·
Registered
69 Posts
To each their own. I called WeatherTech and emailed them before I purchased my 2016 Pilot to see when they would have them available. No response whatsoever so got the ones from Honda - am super happy with them. From the photos I've seen for the 17 Pilot (think it was a promo) I do not like the way the second row mat covers the bottom few rows of the center console outlet for the rear. Yes, they can be cut down, but then you do not have a lip of any kind to stop spilled liquid (or melted snow from boots) from going into the vent. Also, the last two sets of WeatherTech mats I purchased (in gray), they stained easily and would not come clean even when using harsh cleaners like Ajax or Comet cleaner with bleach. So, for my money, WeatherTech overall quality and customer service has declined to the point where I will not consider them for my future vehicles. Made in the USA only goes so far when the service and product are very expensive and of less quality.

·
Registered
441 Posts
To each their own. I called WeatherTech and emailed them before I purchased my 2016 Pilot to see when they would have them available. No response whatsoever so got the ones from Honda - am super happy with them. From the photos I've seen for the 17 Pilot (think it was a promo) I do not like the way the second row mat covers the bottom few rows of the center console outlet for the rear. Yes, they can be cut down, but then you do not have a lip of any kind to stop spilled liquid (or melted snow from boots) from going into the vent. Also, the last two sets of WeatherTech mats I purchased (in gray), they stained easily and would not come clean even when using harsh cleaners like Ajax or Comet cleaner with bleach. So, for my money, WeatherTech overall quality and customer service has declined to the point where I will not consider them for my future vehicles. Made in the USA only goes so far when the service and product are very expensive and of less quality.
I think I know your problem. You aren't supposed to use harsh chemicals to clean the weather techs or Huskyliner. I believe you're only supposed to use water to wipe them down.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
I received the. Following reply from Weathertech regarding their floor liners when I asked about them last week.

Thank you for your interest in WeatherTech.

The DigitalFit FloorLiners for the 2017 Honda Ridgeline are currently in production in our studio and should be available in the next 8-10 weeks. We will keep your information on file and contact you via email once these parts become available. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and enjoy your weekend.
Sandi

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think I know your problem. You aren't supposed to use harsh chemicals to clean the weather techs or Huskyliner. I believe you're only supposed to use water to wipe them down.
Thanks for the reminder about WeatherTech's recommended cleaning technique. Following their suggestions the stains did not come out - figured I'd pull out the big guns. It didn't work either. I hate stained mats.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I received the. Following reply from Weathertech regarding their floor liners when I asked about them last week.

Thank you for your interest in WeatherTech.

The DigitalFit FloorLiners for the 2017 Honda Ridgeline are currently in production in our studio and should be available in the next 8-10 weeks. We will keep your information on file and contact you via email once these parts become available. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and enjoy your weekend.
Sandi
I couldn't get a timeline from WeatherTech, so I took a chance and ordered front mats for a 2016 Pilot I can't wait 8-10 weeks I should have them Friday, If they don't fit 100% I guess I'll buy my wife a new Pilot.......

·
Registered
606 Posts
I couldn't get a timeline from WeatherTech, so I took a chance and ordered front mats for a 2016 Pilot I can't wait 8-10 weeks I should have them Friday, If they don't fit 100% I guess I'll buy my wife a new Pilot.......
Will you post pictures of the fitment of those mats in the 2017 Ridgeline?

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Understood, please post back with your. Results. And. A photo if you have. Time... I'm assuming that you only bought front liners?

I put a bug shield on made by AVS for the 2016 Pilot. It fit my 2017 ridgeline perfectly. Hopefully, you will have similiar results.

·
Registered
25 Posts
yes i will, Look for it on Saturday Wife is driving it for now and she works nights and i get home after she leaves for work.
Well bad news! The WeatherTech front mats for a 2016 Pilot will NOT FIT!!!! The problem is the anchors in the Ridgeline floor are 16 inches apart width wise Drivers side. The 2016 Pilot WeatherTechs holes are 17 1/2 inches apart, This is for the drivers side. Honda has the anchor that would be the right side moved over the the left 1 1/2 inch, It is closer to that hump to make a tighter fit around it.....Looks like I got to buy a Pilot now! And I guess we have to wait 8-10 weeks for the new Ridgeline mats, but I might just get the Honda weather mats, This sucks!

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Sly2 thanks for the update. Sorry this didn't work out.

If you can't return the mats, you can probably sell them on Ebay.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sly2 thanks for the update. Sorry this didn't work out.

If you can't return the mats, you can probably sell them on Ebay.
Yea we have been thinking about a 2017 Pilot Elite when they come out in a few months, or I'll sell them to somebody.......

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Yea we have been thinking about a 2017 Pilot Elite when they come out in a few months, or I'll sell them to somebody.......
I bought the RL Honda rubber mat set....not a good as a weather tech; however, they are decent (and they say 'Ridgeline', too). Got them online cheaper than my dealer was going to sell them to me.

·
Registered
606 Posts
So is it only an issue of punching a new hole in the Pilot weathertechs? Did everything else fit, just not the plastic anchors?

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
So is it only an issue of punching a new hole in the Pilot weathertechs? Did everything else fit, just not the plastic anchors?
The main reason most people buy Weathertechs is that they hold liquids (rain/snow/mud). Punching a hole in them would defeat that purpose, unless of course you live in sunny CA :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
If you really want the Weathertech mats why don't you buy some universal rubber mats to hold you over until Weathertech releases the RL mats?

1 - 20 of 101 Posts