Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

841 - 850 of 850 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
i took everyones advice and installed new infinity tweeter by tyrapping them into the original location. I then decided, why not install new door speakers. Had some polk db6s1 which i ordered years ago and thought they would not fit. They fit great. I marked center lines on the outside of the existing speaker, then removed it. The polk's came with a mounting plate which i also marked center lines on. Screwed the plate to the door, sharpied what needed to be cut and used a tin snip to cut the metal (not as thick as we would think. Remounted the plate, speakers and all done. I thought i would have to cut some of the panel but did not have to.

trying to add pics but can't for some reason. I clicked add image and then copy and pasted the imgur link but not sure what i did wrong

https://imgur.com/a/40lJ2yO

https://imgur.com/a/51lHrE2

A07m2Wk - Imgur.png

mtDpczW - Imgur.png

·
Registered
609 Posts
What would be the easiest/cleanest way to pimp my OEM head unit to blue tooth (or wired if I really had to) stream sound from a Iphone 7?

My 06 does not have any Aux ports.

I really don't want to remove/swap out my OEM head unit.

Thank you for your ideas and help.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
What would be the easiest/cleanest way to pimp my OEM head unit to blue tooth (or wired if I really had to) stream sound from a Iphone 7?

My 06 does not have any Aux ports.

I really don't want to remove/swap out my OEM head unit.

Thank you for your ideas and help.
Then you are probably looking at a USA Spec bluetooth adapter.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_581BT45HON/USA-Spec-BT45-HON3.html?tp=68488&awcp=1t2&awcr=196736263564&awdv=c&awkw=+usa++spec++bt45++hon3&awmt=b&awnw=g&awug=9017769&gclid=CjwKCAjw9qfZBRA5EiwAiq0AbQSN9er9j8EpeJfsi4T6xhEvMDeI7ez5wXSjZ6errtRH8-S40iSy6xoCIDEQAvD_BwE

I will do it eventually as well. I've decided I want to keep the stock look. In my last Rigeline I put in a bluetooth head unit and a small amp to keep the factory sub.

Worked great and was cheaper than USA spec unit. Lost steering wheel controls, but had a remote so that didn't bug me really.

I just don't have it in me to do the wiring again.

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
If bluetooth is your only concern, stick with the USA Spec adapter. If you are looking for bluetooth as well as upgraded sound quality and functionality, think about just doing a head unit. This is the more expensive and more difficult route as you'll need to either amplify or replace the factory sub and get a Metra ASWC adapter for the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I hope this thread isn't too dead and forgotten. Can anyone help?

I'm looking to upgrade the in-dash tweeters, but I'm having a hard time deciphering which to get.

The one pair I did buy ended up being too big. (OD) The speaker technically is the "right size" but it was enclosed in a case/grill that wasn't removable and that wouldn't fit in the existing space.

Since this thread is mostly 7+ years old, the referenced speakers in it all are pretty much discontinued and new models likely have different specs/dimensions.

So with that.. can anyone recommend a decent "drop-in" replacement? I don't want to have to modify my grill or anything else. I'm hoping to just be able to pop out the old ones and put in the new ones (understanding I may still have to splice/fit wires).

I'm looking for bang for the buck value - as I expect anything is better than the 10 year old OEM ones I currently have. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Since this thread is mostly 7+ years old, the referenced speakers in it all are pretty much discontinued and new models likely have different specs/dimensions.

So with that.. can anyone recommend a decent "drop-in" replacement? I don't want to have to modify my grill or anything else. I'm hoping to just be able to pop out the old ones and put in the new ones (understanding I may still have to splice/fit wires).

I'm looking for bang for the buck value - as I expect anything is better than the 10 year old OEM ones I currently have. :)
I can't help you out on the tweeters, I did that back when this thread was young :) I *just* upgraded my headunit and thinking about speakers still. Take a look at Crutchfield - they will include speaker adapters to ensure fit (but you may need to drill new holes). I'm looking at the following 6.5 from Focal (because they're on sale): https://www.crutchfield.com/p_091ISS165/Focal-Integration-ISS-165.html?tp=106&avf=Y

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am doing a complete upgrade with new HU, new door speakers and a new powered Cerwin Vega sub that fits right where the stock sub goes. The only reason I am doing the door speakers was because our son blew up his Subaru Loyale and we had just put new 6.5 Kenwoods in last January and they were a perfect fit in our Ridgeline. I am still undecided about the tweeters and wanted to see which tweeter people are having their best luck with.

·
Registered
2 Posts
'm sorry Laserguy, to ask again, the 3/4 in. ring mentioned two post ago, are you meaning using the stock rings that are the doors right now and trim the plastic fins if the tweeter is intrusion, is what you meant, or do I have it all wrong...

·
Super Moderator
6,790 Posts
'm sorry Laserguy, to ask again, the 3/4 in. ring mentioned two post ago, are you meaning using the stock rings that are the doors right now and trim the plastic fins if the tweeter is intrusion, is what you meant, or do I have it all wrong...
This thread is about updating the tweets in the dash, replacing the poor factory ones and installing something new, which will fit in the previous location on the dash.

841 - 850 of 850 Posts