Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a Ridgeline with three pin stripes, it looked great but it was sold when I went back with a camera. I went to my dealer and they only have two stripes. He put 2 silver on my blue truck. (See photo)

See how high they are? He said that was to avoid the gas door but others I saw here seem to be at the line on the body lower about 3 inches, so here's the question:

Do mine look too high to all of you Ridgeline fans? I thnk they are but then they start to look OK.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
yes...too high. It should be where the highlight of the crease meets the shadow below. I would like to get some on mine, but I was thinking of what subtle color I could use with Black and a tan interior...I want something barely there.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply! I will gather a few more votes before driving 30 miles to the dealer for replacement ones.

They have Charcoal and a couple of tan/beige ones that would look good on black if you want to accent the interior. Or silver looks great on black too.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would agree. The pinstripes need to be at the transition. But then again, I am not a big fan of pinstripes.

·
Registered
491 Posts
yeah...I'm not that big of a fan of pinstripes either. On the Ridgeline, I think it helps the thick sides of the truck a bit though.

L

·
0 Posts
I like the pins but I do kind of think yours may be a bit too high!! :eek:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah, I agree. Pinstripe should be just above crease and yes, go right through gas door. I'm trying to decide on just what color I'll be getting on my Amazon Green RTL. I'm thinking of a VERY light green almost white or possibly silver. Thoughts?

STEREOLAB

·
Registered
169 Posts
The only place a may look a tad too high is on the doors, front and rear fendors look good! I'd say leave it alone unless it really bothers you; I think they look great.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I think they look great. On my truck I plan on having them striped just under the crease, like JulesK's truck. I've had a bit of a setback due to the wreck, but I figure 60 days or so.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I think the pin stripe looks fine, but normally it should run run from the top corner edge of the headlight straight back to the rear through the gas door. Like the other post, however, it looks fine. Don't change unless you just can't stand it. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are these tape stripes or painted on? Im not sure I would want the dealer to muck with my truck if they were painted on. I work at a dealer and believe me I know!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, Moved the stripes. They use a hair dryer to release the glue and peel them off. The new ones are at the break of the body.

I even got it accross the tailgate.

Attachments

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Nice work. I doubt that I would have been able to get them so straight.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I like that they now wrap around the back end. I cannot tell from the picture... does the side stripe follow along the top of the tail light or does it stop just before?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Right now they stop just above the tail lights, the sides were done before I asked him to do the tailgate. Monday I'm going back to pick up my plates and I'm going to have him continue the bend around over the taillights to line up with the back.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts