Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,472 Posts
Alrighty now... I just have to ask. What is the difference in the quality of cheap gas vs name brand gas?

I suspect there is little, although the individual dispensing station may not maintain the storage tanks in optimal condition leading to dispensing contaminated gas.

I've heard others here say that the tankers fill up at the same terminal and the only difference is an additive put in during the time the tanker is being filled. If this is true, then I see no benefit in paying more for a name brand gas as long as the dispensing station does a good job with storage.... same for the name brand dispensing station too. Unless you just have to have that additive.

Am I wrong?

·
Super Moderator
24,472 Posts
I just filled up my 07 with 23 gallons of 93 for the first time and I have noticed the extra power. It took a little bit to work out the 2 gallons of 87 I had at the bottom, but now I can feel the 93. I fill it up until I can see the gas right at the opening. It's pretty sweet and its making me want to slap an intake and a nice throaty, semi italian sounding exhaust on there so I get all the horses awake. The gas paired with the cooler night time air gives it a nice bump. Even got all four spinning in the rain the other day and boy was I excited. :D
23 gallons? Are you sure? Tank only holds 22!

Beware of contaminating the vapor recovery system by filling to the brim. It can be an expensive repair.

·
Super Moderator
24,472 Posts
I like the way the last two gallons of 87 stayed at the bottom of the tank so he could get rid of it. :rolleyes:
Didn't you know? Different octanes don't mix. The higher the octane number, the lighter the gas. The octanes stratify from the bottom up, lower numbers on bottom; higher numbers on top. I know it's true because I read it on the internet.

Or something like that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.