Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a Pioneer NEX head unit in their Ridgeline?
I am liking the look of the AVIC-5100NEX as it has Apple Car Play and a DVD/CD player.
Is it a DIY project or should i be seeking the help of an installer.
Also would like to add a rear camera when I upgrade.

Many thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Has anyone installed a Pioneer NEX head unit in their Ridgeline?
I am liking the look of the AVIC-5100NEX as it has Apple Car Play and a DVD/CD player.
Is it a DIY project or should i be seeking the help of an installer.
Also would like to add a rear camera when I upgrade.

Many thanks!
With a dash kit and wiring adapter, and Honda's design, swaps are very user friendly. Many brick and mortar/on line retailers supply the installation accessories free with purchase. There's a ton of info on this forum. Search around, you'll find everything you need. Post photos of your project!

Here's a recent post on the 5100 http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122626

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mahalo mate!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I recently successfully installed the Pioneer AVH x2700BH with metra harness, scoshe dash kit, PAC steering wheel interface, USB line run through my center console, and a 12-volt relay switch wired to the parking brake line-out (to allow for moving video use).
I did this all with no prior experience under the dash of my RTL. It wasnt bad at all after lurking every thread here I could find.

Im FAR from an expert but I can answer any question about my experience with the stuff i listed. It was such a smooth operation, I will be installing sub/amp this week instead of taking the truck to a shop.

One piece of advice I may offer up-front. use crutchfield.com.
Their customer support is worth any extra $$ their products may cost. I called them four times over the install of my Pioneer and their instruction was indispensable. They also sell install parts very cheap or free when you purchase certain things.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys.
I just noticed on the Crutchfield site that my Factory Sub will no longer work and that I will need to install a new sub and amp.
Is that correct?

·
Registered
45 Posts
yeah you lose the sub with a new HU.

with upgraded tweeters and new door speakers (and sound deadening), a new HU will still greatly increase your sound system quality. you do however lose the boom-boom.

since i just cant cope without it, i have a subthump box, JL w3v3-2 10 inch sub and a RF 500w amp coming this week.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Miley.
What door speakers and tweeters did you use?
Oh...just noticed your post on my other thread.........thanks again mate!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts