Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Don't think it'll fit. Space back there is unbelievably tight. Enclosure needs to be wedge shaped to match slope of the back seat. There's a whole mess of info on the forum including dimensions detailing what has worked for others.

Look around here: http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/gtsearch.php?cx=partner-pub-7865546952023728:5yck7ww1tx0&cof=FORID:11&ie=UTF-8&q=custom+sub&sa=Search&siteurl=www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/&ref=&ss=2902j1045438j10

DOH! Misread your post. I was thinking you meant behind the rear seat. It was early this morning. Coffee hadn't cut through the fog yet. Apologies!

With that said, unless you have specific reason to go shallow, you don't really need to. Not that there's anything wrong with shallow subs, there's just less limiting out-of-the-box solutions than the Pioneer. And potentially even more space saving.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Has anyone put a Pioneer TS-SWX2502 10 inch flat preloaded sub under the back seat?
Link here: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130TSX2502/Pioneer-TS-SWX2502.html

I cut a 12x6 blank to check fit and it looks like it'll be tight but it should fit.

Thanks in advance!

Yes it will fit, the seat's legs that fold, will press against the front side of the box, not sure if the boxe's legs will be on the way, or may rest properly against the plastic panel edge where the seat's legs lock, if you tilt the box a bit it may work.

Worse case you cut or remove the front and rear legs, and move just the front ones 1" in, that way they rest against the panel while the seat legs will hold the box or prevent the box from moving forward.

I can tell you that a 12" wide piece of wood, seats flat on the top of the panel and rests on the carpet flat and the seat folds and locks with no issues. I did this for an amp rack and to place a box with an 8" sub.

Another option would be get a piece of wood 22" long by 12" wide, place it flat under the seat resting the panel and carpet flat, place the sub box on the top of the wood, and done, removing th boxe's legs is an option, the sub box is not going anywhere held and pressed by the seats, legs. If go off road and jump maybe it will move, some L brackets and screws attached to the wood and sub will secure it even more, but being so heavy, there is no good chance it will slide to the opposite side.

Hey once you verify it fits, simply mark the wood where the legs will sit, pre drill the holes and put one screw on each leg. This is another option to consider if you don't want to remove the boxe's legs.

Post pictures once you are done

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Looking the the way the legs are on that box, option 3 is better, ( 12" wide piece of wood and screw the legs from bottom)

Those legs are needed for the sub to not touch the floor and it may not be a good idea to cut them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok... Just got it in and it fits amazingly well! Nothing touches and it is down firing as intended with plenty of room. It's on a bit of an angle due to the way the back wall rolls up, but I'm more than pleased! I got it for $106 on Amazon and if I wanted to, I've got more than enough room to add another if need be.

I'll post pics and maybe a video when I get it all installed in the next day or two.

I appreciate everyone's input!

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Ok... Just got it in and it fits amazingly well! Nothing touches and it is down firing as intended with plenty of room. It's on a bit of an angle due to the way the back wall rolls up, but I'm more than pleased! I got it for $106 on Amazon and if I wanted to, I've got more than enough room to add another if need be.

I'll post pics and maybe a video when I get it all installed in the next day or two.

I appreciate everyone's input!
Looking forward to your opinion of how it sounds.

What's the rest of the system? Details, need details! LOL. Enjoy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put in a Pioneer AVH-X2700bs along with an EBrake bypass from Amazon. I also put in a steering wheel control unit. Out of all of it... it was not too difficult. Had an issue where the factory harness instructions said to use the blue cable from the antenna adapter to the remote turn on from the head unit... WRONG. The Ridgeline has a booster for the antenna inline that needs power so the blue wire from the adapter needs to bee connected to 12V power. Once I did that the radio would pick up stations again... before it was nothing but static.

One other little side note... programming and connecting the steering wheel controls to the adapter was a little more that plug and play. But that is a must have as now I use the steering wheel controls almost exclusively when adjusting the volume.

I'll post pics when I'm all finished up!

Looking forward to your opinion of how it sounds.

What's the rest of the system? Details, need details! LOL. Enjoy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts