Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2011 Ridgeline. I was curious if anyone had tried or seen "pizza cutters on a Ridgeline? Here is a Tacoma with the look I'm talking about. For those unfamiliar, "pizza cutters" are basically tall, skinny tires. I had them on my old Tacoma and loved them.

·
Premium Member
2011 VP Bali Blue Pearl
233 Posts
Probably good for snow.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (white on beige) in central Texas
1,715 Posts
Theoretical yield is slightly higher ground pressure (vehicle weight distributed over smaller contact patch) which might be useful in certain situations.

·
Registered
200 Posts
255/80 or 235/85 are the common sizes people use on tacomas. I don't know as though the Ridgeline would look great with skinnys but I'd love to see a pic.
I ran 245/75r17 on my Tacoma for winter tires. Thats 31.5"x 9.6" wide

OEM tire is ~9.8" wide, so Im assuming less than that? 255/80 is ~10" wide, I wouldn't consider that a pizza cutter. Its wider then stock.

235/85 is ~9.3" wide, but you wont be able fit that on a stock RL as its over 32" tall.

235/70 (17) is 30x9.3. This is the exact size I run for my winter tires, although a 235/70r17 blizzak is 9.5" wide.

You could run a 225/75, which is somewhere around 30.3x 8.9. I would consider that a "pizza cutter"

·
Registered
2 Posts
The "pizza cutter" is actually useful for snow tires, we have them on our Jeep Wranger. With the OEM sized wheels and Blizzaks the jeep is unstoppable in the snow. Seriously, it's amazing. For offroad smaller wheels with fatter tires with more cushion are much much better.

For handling, the skinnier tires are probably more agile and if you like how it looks then sure, go for it. Personally though I am not a fan of that look.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts