Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

First let me thank all of you for the wealth of info on this site. I am using the FightingChance.com method to purchase a new Ridgeline next week. The lowest quote I got from a local dealer was $29,902 before tax and tags, but I hope to do better. My quad cab Dakota is up for sale and I can't wait to get the Ridge. I haven't seen too much message traffic from my area (NE PA) so I'll post my experience and price for others. Blue or Silver are my choices. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Welcome aboard paguard! Best of luck on your hunt.
Don't forget to check out the service departments of the dealers that you are considering buying from, especially the dealers that are closest to you. Spend some time looking, listening to how they handle other customers, and talking with people in their waiting room. The best deal is not always the lowest price.
I'm just paraphrasing rants from other threads about purchasing vehicles. There are as many ways to shop for a vehicle as there are ways to skin a cat :eek: (sorry, that's an inside joke just to see if a certain somebody is paying attention). I realize that my bias is showing so you are obviously not obligated to take it too seriously.
It really doesn't matter how you buy one, just do it! You will be glad that you did!
Once again, welcome!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
What an exciting time you are you are entering. I am hoping you end up with a BLUE. It will benefit you greatly to explore some questions at the ROC and take the buyer's checklist with you. It let's the dealer realize you've done your homework.

Keep us posted. I can't wait to hear your announcement about driving your beautiful new truck home.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
paguard said:
Hello all,

First let me thank all of you for the wealth of info on this site. I am using the FightingChance.com method to purchase a new Ridgeline next week. The lowest quote I got from a local dealer was $29,902 before tax and tags, but I hope to do better. My quad cab Dakota is up for sale and I can't wait to get the Ridge. I haven't seen too much message traffic from my area (NE PA) so I'll post my experience and price for others. Blue or Silver are my choices. Wish me luck!
Hi paguard, either color will do. What model did you price quote?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me again,

The $29,902 price was for an RTL S/R XM. I only have 2 dealers in the local area, but neither would budge from that price range. My plan is get some more quotes abroad and see if they will come down closer to the lowest quote. Heck, I'd buy it for 29,902 and be happy, but if I can save considerable bucks, I'll take my Ridge back to the local dealer for some accessories and maintenace. I've bought from them before so I know they are decent people. I already printed the buyer's check list, and combed through the other boards. I feel prepared and I can't wait to pull the trigger. Thanks for the warm welcome!

By the way, people aren't knocking down my door to buy my Dakota.:(

·
Registered
124 Posts
paguard said:
Me again,

The $29,902 price was for an RTL S/R XM. I only have 2 dealers in the local area, but neither would budge from that price range. My plan is get some more quotes abroad and see if they will come down closer to the lowest quote.
By the way, people aren't knocking down my door to buy my Dakota.:(
Salute & welcome paguard; I just came out of an 04 Dakota quad and believe me, its like going from a week old minute steak to a fresh cut top choice strip, and imo i'm being kind to the dakota.
The best price of course is the one your most comfortable with. The other folks posting have givin you some really solid advice to consider. Have you gotten any quotes from the dealers listed in the ROC dealer section? Never know, it may be well worth a couple hundred bucks for one-way airfare or a ride with someone to go & pick one up from them.
Good hunting!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Bought an RTL S/R yesterday for $28.6k plus freight, tax, tags, etc - slightly under $31k out the door after giving Governor Erlich his share. (I think that's about $700 under invoice?)

Local dealer, about 30 miles south of DC. They wouldn't budge off of the Edmunds TMV price for the Nav model because they only had 1 on the lot. But there were several RTL/SR/XM available, and I think that's a pretty fair deal I got. I could have saved another $400 or so by driving an extra 90 minutes to a dealer in Virginia, but the trip wasn't worth it.

Good luck with your purchase! I couldn't find a truck I enjoyed driving until I tested the Ridgeline. Wanted the leather, seat heaters, and sunroof. Apparently I'm not a truck guy. From what I've read, I'm just the customer Honda was trying to reach with the Ridgeline.

60 Miles so far. I've probably spent more time showing friends the vehicle this morning than I did driving it home last night. :cool:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Welcome aboard BlueVette! The good times have just begun! Congratulations!

paguard, I bet that you can negotiate those accessories at a discount with your local dealer and get the net price close enough that you can keep the business close to your home. If the dealer is already known to be good, and you want to keep them that way, over the lifetime of your Ridgeline any extra money spent with them on the initial purchase will be well worth it. Saving a few hundred dollars by buying out of town will cost you in one way or another more than you saved. If it's a few thousand, all bets are off, that's a whole different story. I bet that your local dealer will match your best price, or at least meet you half way. That's a win-win for everyone.
Oops, my bias is showing again.
Once again, good luck with your purchase. I know that you are going to love it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts