• Don’t do it!

Votes: 2 12.5%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTS AWD
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just recently purchased my 2017 RL (RTS), and I think I’m ready to Plasti-dip the front grill, and possibly the rear badges.

I just can’t decide between flat black & flat gray.

What do you think?

·
Registered
2017 Honda Ridgeline Black edition
232 Posts
Hear me out, I think the grey would be cool if you had the "H" in black and everything grey almost like a blackhole vibe

love the picture of the Ridgeline with the snowflakes keep it up!

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTS AWD
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hear me out, I think the grey would be cool if you had the "H" in black and everything grey almost like a blackhole vibe

love the picture of the Ridgeline with the snowflakes keep it up!
Yeah, that sounds cool, I did want to do something different for the front H, good call!

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTS AWD
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Gunn diode for the Honda Sensing isn't behind that big "H" is it?
Mine isn’t fancy enough for sensors I don’t think...RTS. This is still the fanciest vehicle I’ve ever owned! The remote start surpasses my Outback 2.5i Premium. I do miss the CVT paddle shifters & heated seats though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, I am looking to black out he chrome as well. Does anyone have experience as to how well the plasti-dip holds up (vs. the vinyl wrap or other options)?. From what I can find, the vinyl wrap is expected
to last up to 3 years but is affected by sun exposure. Don't have any info on other options,

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes, I am looking to black out he chrome as well. Does anyone have experience as to how well the plasti-dip holds up (vs. the vinyl wrap or other options)?. From what I can find, the vinyl wrap is expected
to last up to 3 years but is affected by sun exposure. Don't have any info on other options,
I Plasti-dip painted my rear emblems over 2 years ago. I had to redo the AWD emblem (my fault) earlier this year because I missed a small corner and it began to peel. My RL Sport is Black so I used Black Plasti-Dip. I did not use the "clear coat'.
Very happy with the look & durability

·
Registered
776 Posts
I did mine emblems last summer, rear only so far. They are holding up very nicely, even with all the snow and salt we have had to endure this winter. Also, keep in mind you can now buy these emblems from College Hills Honda in gloss black. I would guess it would be easy to spray a clear matte coating on them before installing for the same overall results.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would guess it would be easy to spray a clear matte coating on them before installing for the same overall results.
You'd have to remove them from the cardboard and tape template they are mounted on. While it is possible, you may shift the letters around leaving them uneven.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Black!

Do a search on here. There’s a few different threads on the subject. I’ve plastic dipped all my chrome except for window trim. I’m thinking window trim is something that has to be done with vinyl wrap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
776 Posts
I prefer no "H"
I have considered removing the H as well. I want to find some small rubber plugs to stick in the holes, painted to match body color. Any idea what the diameter of the holes is?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I did mine emblems last summer, rear only so far. They are holding up very nicely, even with all the snow and salt we have had to endure this winter. Also, keep in mind you can now buy these emblems from College Hills Honda in gloss black. I would guess it would be easy to spray a clear matte coating on them before installing for the same overall results.
THANK YOU
The Gunn diode for the Honda Sensing isn't behind that big "H" is it?
I beleive it is

1 - 20 of 28 Posts