Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everyone out there thinks. I have a 2012 Honda Ridgeline Sport, White with black accessories (Nerf Bars, Bull Bar, Bed Cover). I am going to plasti dip my rims. Can't decide if I should go with a black matte finish or use the black glossy finish. What do you guys think. I would love to hear your opinions. Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
I went with matte - you can check out my post in this forum - however - I think gloss would look great with a white truck - its really a matter of personal style - I like how the matte looks a bit dull and dirty - I feel like if I had went with gloss there would be to much pressure to keep my truck clean on the outside - hard to do in New England ....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alevenso! I was thinking about the matte finish as well, especially with the New England weather as you stated. I was just a little concerned that the matte finish wouldn't match the nerf bars that I have on the truck. They look like they have a little shine to them. I like what you did with your wheels, in fact , it was your post that got me thinking about plasti dipping my wheels. Thanks again.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gerthebear, do you happen to have any pictures of how your wheels look with the matte black and metaliser coat? Thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Gerthebear for the pictures and video. It's funny, I was going to order the plasti dip from the Dip Your Car website.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Let me know how you get on with their service. I picked cans up in Napa. It's a great product. Used it to spray my grill as well it turned out great.

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
Personally, I'd go with the gloss or metalizer like what's posted above. Everyone is painting their wheels flat black and although they look good, they're getting old because of their popularity.

Reactions: DKinney
1 - 11 of 11 Posts