Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never step on the exposed painted portion of the rocker panels and thus have no interest in putting a protective cover on them; however, the inner black plastic piece is already getting scuffed up. Has anyone applied 3M or other clear plastic covering to this part? What I'm looking for is something I can easily replace every few years.

·
Registered
323 Posts
For fear of sounding like a jerk, its a truck not a museum piece. Eventually it will look like its been used unless you cover everything including the seats from day 1.

For what its worth, the only time I seem to contact those plastic pieces is when I stand on them to wash the roof. Haven't left a mark on them yet.

·
Registered
231 Posts
You can buy small pieces of 3M auto wrap on Amazon. That is what I have on order for my RTL-T. I have used it before and it is not difficult to install and can be removed/replaced with no paint damage. 3M also has a clear product meant exactly for that purpose, but I suspect it is the same, but cannot confirm. The wrap comes in some interesting colors and finishes like carbon fiber.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I never step on the exposed painted portion of the rocker panels and thus have no interest in putting a protective cover on them; however, the inner black plastic piece is already getting scuffed up. Has anyone applied 3M or other clear plastic covering to this part? What I'm looking for is something I can easily replace every few years.
I know where you are comming from... I did put Xpel Armor (bought bulk) on the painted portion, but bought so much I put the left over stuff on the plastic part you are talking about.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts