Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried using PlastiDip for door sills? I was thinking of using clear dip to protect the door sills from kids scratching them as an alternative to 5SDudes amazing door sill protectors (http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/...fications/141002-g2-door-sill-protectors.html)
Other alternative is vinyl wrap, but I'm feeling the clear dip would be more natural and integrated. Never used Plastidip before so I'm looking for opinions and your experiences with Plastidip in how it would hold up to scratches, or if I should just go with vinyl wrap or 5SDude's (except they dont fully cover the sill).

·
Registered
926 Posts
I have dipped my share of things on the truck, I wouldn't dip the door sill because of the amount of wear that would potentially happen.

I use Xpel Universal Door Sill Guards from Amazon (ASIN B003EP52I8).

Pretty happy with them, although if applying in cool weather DEFINITELY use a blow dryer or something to heat it up for better adhesiveness.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I love 5S Dude's work, but my area of concern is where I put the Xpel, not where the plates would go. To me, getting his plates would be purely for aesthetic reasons. I may get them, but it would be one of my last mods. Still gotta change headlights to LED, thinking about painting the calipers black, new tires/wheels at some point eventually, maybe roof racks, etc etc

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have dipped my share of things on the truck, I wouldn't dip the door sill because of the amount of wear that would potentially happen.

I use Xpel Universal Door Sill Guards from Amazon (ASIN B003EP52I8).

Pretty happy with them, although if applying in cool weather DEFINITELY use a blow dryer or something to heat it up for better adhesiveness.

Thanks, I may use the clear XPEL https://www.amazon.ca/Clear-Univers...qid=1488139942&sr=8-1&keywords=xpel+door+sill
I have heard that some of these wraps can strip paint when removing. I hope that statement is false

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks! Looks like free shipping to Canada too :grin:
Watch out for the dang brokerage fee :crying:
It added about $20 to my order of 40ft of 3" armor - all in all it was still a good deal cause it covered what I wanted.

Here's my pics from the "What have you done to your G2 lately" back in Sept

I have also covered the plastic sill like noside posted above

Attachments

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
I like them too, but since they do not fully cover the length and width of the sill area, they might be no match for my 3 year old.
Nuff said - can't argue with that logic! The only other thing I can off er is maybe you could cut some of the other trim & put it around 5S's sill plates? But having gone through that some years back I fully appreciate the difference between want & need. Either way I hope you enjoy your truck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts