Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Please tell me the GPS/Power Door Lock computer isnt fried...

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jeb 
#1 ·
A friend of mine has a jeep on its last leg that constantly needs to be jumped. After 2 different jumping occasions, my Ridgeline started to need a jump as well. When trying to jump my truck, the lights would flash and there was a strange ticking noise... the speedometer arm would bounce too. My battery seemed to die everytime I turned off the ignition. At some point over a few days time, I started to notice that the clicker was not working anymore & the GPS wouldnt even allow me to enter the code. I asked a friend to check and see if maybe I needed a new battery. We came to the conclusion that maybe it just needed water & the terminals needed a little cleaning due to heavy corrosion. After doing both of those things, the battery was back to normal. Only problem is now I have power locks only when the engine is on and the GPS seems to be shot. I have checked all fuses. Is my truck ruined??

#3 ·
I am having .. what sounds like the same problem. My battery was stone cold dead in my driveway on saturday. No warning ... No hard starting in the days prior... Nothing! I put a charger on it for an hour or so and I did get some dash lights back but not enough to start the truck...so I replaced the battery with a brand new $129.00 one.... and down the road I went. I noticed that I had to reset the radio code which I expected and did. I then noticed that my GPS would not come on at all and when I got to my destination turned off the car I could not lock or unlock the doors using the key fob or even manually by pressing the lock or unlock switch on the door contol pannel near the window control. When the key is on ... I can opperate the power locks and windows fine. My gauges are also bouncing when I start the car for the first 3 -5 seconds with a ticking noise then it does stop. I have not changed any fuses yet. I dont know where to start. I called my local Honda dealership and this was new to the advisor .... he said that he would do some research on his end and letme know what he can find out.....Please help!!
Thank you in advance... Kira

#4 ·
#5 ·
The speedometer needles bouncing is classic low battery. Mine did that when I needed a battery this winter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.