Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else seen the Hanover, New Hampshire Police Ridgeline's brush guard? Google it, it's awesome! I'm looking to buy one, no luck so far!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
It's been well documented on the ROC

BTW, the brush guard is provided by a ROC sponsor, Burtman Industries Brush Guard

Police Ridgeline

·
Registered
790 Posts
yeah also someone on the forum did the same things. It is the brush guard for the Honda Ridgeline just that headlight bars were not installed, thats how you get the look as seen in the picture.

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Perhaps that's true, but it sure LOOKS more robust than the sorta flimsy, mostly cosmetic guards that are floating around. I have a pretty standard Westin brush guard on my RL, and I shudder to think what the results would be if I tried to do a PIT maneuver on someone with it. Although it looks pretty good, it's held on by only two bolts, one on each side. I can't envision the cops putting something like this on their vehicles.

So the question remains (at least in my mind): where do the cops get these guards that would take such punishment?

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
So the question remains (at least in my mind): where do the cops get these guards that would take such punishment?
Longevity isn't necessarily guaranteed or expected when it comes to police cars and accessories. In the big picture, they are disposable. If the equipment performs once and saves a life or prevents serious consequences, it doesn't matter if it needs to be replaced or repaired. Kind of like a bullet.

Bean counters be damned! ;act028:

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Replaced or repaired? How about trying to find it on the road? I think mine would fall off if someone tried to do a maneuver with it like I see the cops do on the news.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Brush guards aren't even necessary to execute a PIT manuever. There are plenty of videos on youtube where you can see that the side of the front fender is usually the initial contact point on the chase car. The brush guard might offer some protection once the pursued vehicle starts its spin but that would be more of a head-on blow.

·
Vendor
1,908 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts