Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, since there as mnay viewpoints on this as there are members here, there is no real "best" solution, as each member is going to have better success depending on how they work with a certain product/solution.

So, this is my thought on what I'll do, feel free to comment.... i'll be doing this in a day or two, as soon as I get enough shade to have time to work on it.

1) Wash the Ridge well. (Lots of bugs from trip that I returned on yesterday)

2) Use a good clay product.

3) Use a liquid wax.

then, this fall, I'll clay again, and then really get in there and polish and then wax before the big rains start.

Now, I'm basing this plan on two thngs. 1rst, I'm in SoCal, so no rain for the next several months. 2nd, 'm parking the Ridge in a carport during the week, so there's blown dust but no sun during the week. 3rd, trying to split the difference between the schools of thought on how long to wait before really polishing and all that. The clay seems to be important early, but it might be better to wait before a serious polish?...

thoughts?......

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
My thougts have been well documented, but I'll give a quick reply.

There's no better time than when a vehicle is new to use a good POLISH. Polishes are able to bond with the surface, waxes do not. Polish first, wax second.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I followed csimo's advice the last time this issue was addressed here. I did not plan on doing anything to my Ridge until the water stopped beading, then apply wax. However, after I had it a couple weeks I took his advice. I washed and polish it with a product called Klasse All-In-One polish. This polish is very, very easy to apply. Put a nickle size blot on an applicator, apply in an oval motion and wipe with a microfiber towel (no need to see a haze or dry time).

My Ridgeline is Silver and it looks fantastic after two coats, a day apart, of Klasse. Bugs and dust are a breeze to remove and I have to assume it is in large part due to the polish. In fact, I may never wax again and stick with only the Klasse twice a year. Maybe if I had a darker color I would want to wax it too but the Klasse job should please all but the most die-hard detailer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts