Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

What do you think of the 2017 Ridgeline body style?

• Absolutely hate it.

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Really dislike it.

Votes: 18 8.5%
  • Somewhat dislike it.

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • Neither like nor dislike.

Votes: 20 9.4%
  • Somewhat like it.

Votes: 65 30.7%
  • Really like it.

Votes: 60 28.3%
  • Absolutely love it.

Votes: 7 3.3%
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
POLL: Exterior Styling (with link to photos)

To give everyone a fair and anonymous voice, please vote on what you think of the exterior styling.

Note that this poll is for first impressions. I understand that things look different in person. We can have another poll in a few months after the vehicle is available at dealers to see if/how your perception changed.

Photo Gallery:
http://www.carscoops.com/2016/01/honda-ridgeline-shows-its-face-at-naias.html

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
I really liked the first leaked press photo from early this morning and am a little disappointed in the live look and official photo set. I just don't like being tricked with a clever photo angle and possibly computer "jiggering". The real thing is softer than I'd prefer but much better than the Motor Trend image. I can get used to it but still hope for an O-R package with a bolder look in a year or two.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Not as bad as I thought it would be. Looks like a normal truck that sits too low.

Reminds me of the 4Cyl Tacos.

·
Registered
101 Posts
honestly it really depends on the angle... Some angles I find it to be stunningly sexy (the profile is hawt)... But most of the "from the front" shots - not at all...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really liked the first leaked press photo from early this morning and am a little disappointed in the live look and official photo set. I just don't like being tricked with a clever photo angle and possibly computer "jiggering". The real thing is softer than I'd prefer but much better than the Motor Trend image. I can get used to it but still hope for an O-R package with a bolder look in a year or two.
The clever low photo angle shouldn't be a surprise. They did it in the Ridgeline official teaser sketch. They did it for the Pilot photo with the mountain biking family (y'know, the one where I photoshopped Bigfoot). You see it in the photos of competitors' trucks that were posted in comparison earlier today. Pure marketing.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can "MEH" be added to the list of choices/reactions? :act024:
I would interpret "meh" as "Neither like nor dislike." Unless there's a little negative thing that bothers you to offset the balance, then that'd be "Somewhat dislike it."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why oh why did they decide to make the front look like a minivan?

I had been hoping the spy shots were misleading us in some way. Sadly not

·
Registered
526 Posts
I like it, it is an attractive modern looking truck.

It is somewhat reminiscent of the VW Ragnarok.

If Honda actually advertises it and makes a points of highlighting everything that makes it better than a normal truck AND it averages around 22 mpg (around 18 mpg city and at least 25 mpg hwy) it will sell.

But, if they stop advertising it and treat it like an illegitimate stepchild (like they did to the original) it will languish and fail.

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
I would interpret "meh" as "Neither like nor dislike." Unless there's a little negative thing that bothers you to offset the balance, then that'd be "Somewhat dislike it."
That's exactly how I voted. However, MEH expresses more of a shoulder shrugging disappointment than a somewhat stronger somewhat dislike. I don't really dislike it - it just doesn't make me go WOW. I'm betting a few minutes behind the wheel would be the clincher (one way or the other).

·
Registered
979 Posts
That's exactly how I voted. However, MEH expresses more of a shoulder shrugging disappointment than a somewhat stronger somewhat dislike. I don't really dislike it - it just doesn't make me go WOW. I'm betting a few minutes behind the wheel would be the clincher (one way or the other).
Same here. I vote "meh"... nothing to get me into a dealership. But nothing so revolting that I wouldn't consider it once my '13 needs replacing.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I somewhat like the exterior, but not enough to say I really like it. It's sort of the problem of liking the look of the new girlfriend (Gen2 RL), but not enough to dislike the look of the old girlfriend (Gen1 RL) (if that makes sense).

What annoys me most of the Gen2 look is the front bumper with the mix-matched shapes of the lights at the bottom. I also have to get used to seeing a basic truck bed profile.

In any event, I can live with the Gen2 look. I'll know for sure when I see one in person.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I really like it. I can tell you right now it will look NOTHING like a minivan IRL. Very well done. Streamlined like a modern vehicle without looking like a shoebox. BTW, if you want fuel economy, it can't be shaped like an old freightliner.....

·
Registered
129 Posts
I despise the nose. Looks like a 90s minivan. No toughness at all. Soccer moms pick up. I waited ..... Now I'm gonna go buy a Ram

·
Registered
20 Posts
I like a tough truck look as well as the next man but understand it's going to cost me in fuel, so I do commend Honda on styling the front of the truck with aerodynamics in mind. From the A pillar back it looks like any other truck out there which is unfortunate but understandable.

I don't mind it; it's not a deal breaker for me. I'm glad they kept the rear tailgate and inbed trunk but the inbed stereo I do hope is a stand alone option and not packaged in with a trim level.

I look forward to seeing it in person.

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
7 Posts
The front end has a lot going on - black bumper, chrome trim, body color match in the lower grille/fog light area. All of this makes me appreciate the simplicity of the Gen 1, or even a VW Amarok. Also, I hope one never breaks a headlight lens, looks like a big, expensive component that might not be easily replaceable.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
I voted "neither like or dislike", after 10+ years with a RL I have grown to love the body style that many hate. It works for me!!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts