Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Have you found moisture under your rear flooring in your 2017+ Ridgeline?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Super Moderator
3,066 Posts
You should consider going Rodgers route first. Which was to contact Honda Customer service and see what they can do. Maybe a new Ridgeline would await you too.

Your money, your call. Personally I'd call first.

· Super Moderator
3,066 Posts
Would bed drain tubes that take the water from the bed area down past the frame (that wraps the water around to the seam) workk to allow the water past that area and take it instead down to the ground ? Seems like a simple solution.

· Super Moderator
3,066 Posts
Also, on my 17" that doesn't show a leaking problem, could it possibly have helped that I used that sticky based fluid film, which could have flowed into those exposed seams, allowing it to block this water leakage as mentioned ?

· Super Moderator
3,066 Posts
How could Honda say leaking water into the cab area is normal ? Unless they have known all along that all Pilots and Ridgelines leak ? Admitting that would be a bad idea. Especially for the lawsuit guys. That would say class action faster than lightning.

· Super Moderator
3,066 Posts
I've said my piece previously but Fluid Film would work for this IMO. It's thick enough and stays in place well and would easily flow into that slotted area. IMO this could be the reason my truck is dry. Along with the bed cover on it keeping the water at bay. When I'm home this weekend I'm going to take a look under there and see what my seam looks like with the stuff on it. Might even give it another spray to seal it up better. I have the gun and product in a gallon can along with spray cans like they sell at Lowe's and Home Depot.

· Super Moderator
3,066 Posts
I can't blame you RogersRTS - On all of these forum there's examples exactly like you and they just send the vehicle down the road to someone else as a trade in. And then buy another manufacturer. Truth is you could buy another Honda and it would be fine. Sure, it looks like these are leaky devils but we haven't seen the message boards full of leaky Ridgelines. Yes, lately it's been worse than ever before and if you look at any forum's cars and trucks you'd never buy anything made by mankind and would hope that the aliens who visit have better manufacturing. (lol) Truth is you buy what you like and take your chances.

Good luck in the future with whatever you end up with.

· Super Moderator
3,066 Posts
So I crawled around under my 17' Ridge RTL that I have used Fluid Film on. These are the pictures from the underside of it. As you can see it doesn't seal off those "Ridged / wavy" areas but the fluid did get inside of them it looks. But in my impression of looking around under there I'd say that the Fluid film has had some effect on sealing the surfaces for sure.

Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Wheel Tread
Automotive tire Wood Gas Tints and shades Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Water Bumper Automotive exterior Rim
Black Road surface Automotive tire Asphalt Tints and shades
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Tints and shades Font
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Bumper
Automotive tire Hood Road surface Automotive lighting Automotive design

· Super Moderator
3,066 Posts
I'm going to pick one of those up for 14 bucks. Will be interesting to see what it says on stuff in the garages and in the truck. Maybe even check the wifes car areas (SRX's are known to leak from the hoses front and rear sunroofs drains)

· Super Moderator
3,066 Posts
Those frames were made by Kobi steel in Japan and were known to be bad. I would imagine that if Toyota hadn't agreed to replacements it would have turned into a class action suit. Kobi was screwing all the manufacturers at the time with poor quality steel. Even GM got tied up in it with their junk frames which had to be replaced. (and coated and on and on)

· Super Moderator
3,066 Posts
They use pending status when there's a review of the built vehicles for some reason. Usually it's because of a pending recall or safety issue of some type. This could be pending also due to the chip shortage and they need to put something else for the build out into the vehicle. Much like the well broadcasted pictures of thousands of Ford and GM trucks awaiting parts before shipment.

· Super Moderator
3,066 Posts
Nope, no one has had it done out of warranty. You are gonna be on the hook for it. Especially on a used vehicle. No one will help them out. (unless it turns into a recall of course)

Truthfully though, I'd skip the dealer entirely and would "interview" a couple of body shops in your local area on if they can fix it. Some will tell you forget it and some will say maybe and one shop will say no problem.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts