Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Have you found moisture under your rear flooring in your 2017+ Ridgeline?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
‘21 White, BE
156 Posts
Add me to the list of owners with leaks.

Had it little over a year. It sat outside over the weekend and although I’d checked the carpet/pad a couple of times since I bought it and it was dry each time, today was different.

I pulled up rear passenger side and the pad was very damp. Bite me! So, I got the stealership on the horn to get an appointment. He said he’d only seen 1 RL that leaked! Okay….

Taking it in next week, he assured me that he could fix it in “a half day”. Stay tuned….

· Registered
‘21 White, BE
156 Posts
Half a day my ass. It will take them longer than that to pull the entire lower interior out of the vehicle. This is not a simple fix and done. It’s likely going to take multiple tries, multiple tests, multiple replaced carpets, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That‘s what I’m expecting unfortunately but the dealership here hasn’t been too bad to work with so far….

· Registered
‘21 White, BE
156 Posts
Prepare yourself to give up your truck for several days/weeks and multiple tries until they get it sealed. There are several places that water can intrude into the cab on these trucks. Took my dealer two trips and 18 working days to seal mine….

· Registered
‘21 White, BE
156 Posts
Hey I'm curious ... how did you check the new ridgelines on the lot? did you ask them to let you pull the trim up and put your hand under the carpet?
That’s what I did. Takes 15 seconds to pop the sill and the seat support receiver or whatever that long plastic piece is that the seat legs drop into.

· Registered
‘21 White, BE
156 Posts
Thanks man... did you ask up front to do it while they watched? Or were you allowed time alone in the truck? I live in New Orleans and sales people here tag along during test drives. Also wondering if you or anyone used a hose and ramps to get a lean into the cab in order to test. I may buy from a rural dealer where they are more likely to allow a solo test drive.
Of course you need to ask. It’s not your truck-yet. I could have did it while on the test drive as I was alone. I imagine if you were polite and asked, they would probably let you get it up on ramps and do the hose test.

· Registered
‘21 White, BE
156 Posts
Thinking about it, maybe a bunch of people testing new, on-the-lot RLs would give a lot more precise statistics on how widespread the leak problem is. If you're buying, you have to keep checking until you find a dry one. There are typically 3 or 4 new ridgelines on dealer lots near me. It eliminates the statistical problem of unaware owners, but still has the statistical problem of small numbers. if you test 2 and 1 is wet, you can't conclude that 50% nationwide are leaky. if we added up our findings, that would be more useful.

Well, according to the poll, 1 out of 4 will have water intrusion. Due diligence now will save you time and headaches....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts