Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Have you found moisture under your rear flooring in your 2017+ Ridgeline?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2020 RTL-E
260 Posts
The truck in the video and everyone who has specified their rear window type all have solid rear windows. I'll ask a different question than asked above--does anyone with the rear window that opens have the leak?
And mine looks like this. No leak. Note rubber bumper under cover, applied via adhesive sticky backing. Also note the rubber flap that lays against back window seam for added protection.

· Registered
2020 RTL-E
260 Posts
Every time someone comes on here and says they find water it makes me sick. But until Honda has to spend millions on fixing these trucks the point will never be made. I think it's imperative that every RL owner point their truck downhill, put a hose in the bed and let the water flow. Pull the sills or under seat trim out and see what is going on. I take mine back tomorrow for round 2. If this goes on for 30 days I will lemon it out and figure out what to do next.
Without having to initially do these steps are there any early indicators? Such as feeling of dampness in the vehicle, smells, condensation on the windows?

· Registered
2020 RTL-E
260 Posts
Not really...the carpet has this foam padding underneath that keeps water from wicking up to the surface until there is a ton of it built up. By the time you can smell the mold or see a sauna on the windows I would think it's pretty bad.
I imagine some of those No votes may actually be Yes then.

· Registered
2020 RTL-E
260 Posts
I had no clue mine was leaking till I pulled the sill plates I suspect the percentage of leakers is higher than known.
Just checked mine. So far so good. It’s been dry here for the past week though we did have some rain yesterday afternoon. I‘m guessing all it takes is a little water to make it wet under there being as the foam is like a smooth compacted rubbery foam. I was expecting more of a memory foam type substance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts