Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Have you found moisture under your rear flooring in your 2017+ Ridgeline?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2021 RTL-E - MSM
90 Posts
I have followed bhom920's water issues and the first thing that I noticed in Chasrob's OP was the same build date of 2/21. Wondering if it is limited to just that month or wider?

Chasrob, I also have that half assed lower weather stripping at the outside lower rear window. I had the dealer swap to black wheels after the purchase and I asked the service writer about it and he quickly said yeah - they are all like that. I do plan on following up again about it but first I will go take a picture of an in stock 2021 (as soon as there are any). My build date is 3/21 but I think that I am definitely going to pull the rear trim after we get some rain again.

· Registered
2021 RTL-E - MSM
90 Posts
I have a ‘21 and have water intrusion in the trunk. Going to the dealer for this on Monday (5/10). In light of what’s being discussed here, seems I’ll have to inspect for interior leaks once that issue is resolved.

Thanks for raising awareness here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey LateApex, can you share what water intrusion in the trunk looks like? I thought that the drainage system around the trunk seal looked pretty extensive and I thought to myself, there is no way that water could get through that. Thanks.

· Registered
2021 RTL-E - MSM
90 Posts
I am going to be in that area once we get some dry weather to install some extra LEDs for when I open the trunk with the tonneau cover still closed. I will keep an eye out for evidence of water intrusion. Thanks again.

· Registered
2021 RTL-E - MSM
90 Posts
Yesterday afternoon I had a follow-up discussion with the Service Manager of my dealership. The use of a tonneau cover was one of his questions. His side discussion with the local Honda field rep indicates a suspected link to tonneau use, and speculating its at least partially from heavier that expected moisture volumes through the drain slots. Thinking about sealing the drain slots on mine until the dealer/Honda calls mine in for repair.
Hey RogersRTS, which drain slots are you referring to?

I don’t have any water intrusion but I was planning on sealing up the four bed rail openings (two at the front that meet the back window and two to the sides near the front of the bed). I am trying to keep as much water out of my tonneau as possible and these four slots were next on my to do list. However, with all of the traction on this thread it has me wondering if that may contribute to water inside the rear cab. Thanks

· Registered
2021 RTL-E - MSM
90 Posts
Yes, those are the drain slots. I just caulked mine shut yesterday hoping to minimize the chances of water draining down the cab wall while waiting for a permanent repair...
I just sealed up these slots this weekend as well. There is a video on YouTube that shows how to remove the painted rear cowling pieces and I will say that it is not that bad (easier than pulling a door panel). This gave me a lot more room to work in that area and make a better seal. I am using a tonneau cover so between having those sealed, using weather stripping on the side slots, and not having any water entering the 10 or so front bed drains, I should be in pretty good shape. I am actually looking forward to having some rain moving in this week to see the outcome of my work,

I think it may be opposite of what was mentioned earlier and that if you are using a tonneau (and you have those slots sealed), it may be better to stop the chance of water intrusion from the cab seams.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts