Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Have you found moisture under your rear flooring in your 2017+ Ridgeline?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
2021 RTL-E
410 Posts
New here, first time poster.

I’ve owned many new Honda’s over the years (‘79 Civic Hatchback, ‘84 Civic Hatchback, ‘99 CR-V, ‘05 CR-V, and a current ‘19 CR-V (all of the CR-V’s belong to my wife)).

We’ve only had two problems with all of these vehicles— the ‘99 CR-V had an issue with the dealer installed alarm system and the (always dealer serviced) ‘05 CR-V blew a head gasket at 153,000-miles.

I’ve driven 3 Tacoma’s (‘99, ‘05, and an ‘07) for the last 21-years. The ‘07 has NOTHING wrong with it and I’m passing it down to my son. He’s flying into Charlotte with his son and we’re going to drive it about 3,000-miles back to Las Vegas at the end of June — seeing the country as we go.

I always said, “If Honda made a truck, I’d buy one.” I test drove an ‘07 when I bought the last Tacoma, but Honda wasn’t making any deals and Toyota was — that truck now has 151,000-miles on it and as I’ve said, there is NOTHING wrong with it.

So I finally got my Ridgeline (you knew I was getting to a point) based on past experience with Honda’s and the fact that I’ve always wanted one.

I have a 2021 RTL-E with a build date of 02 April 2021, I took delivery of it on 15 April 2021, and it still has less than 500-miles on it. It pissed-down with rain yesterday while I was at the shop having a BAK Revolver X4s installed — it was the first time this new truck got wet. Because of these threads, I checked the rear carpet today and do NOT have any signs of water intrusion (yet). I have WeatherTech floor liners all the way around and there wasn’t any condensation on the bottom of them (again, yet). I will keep checking and provide an update after some time passes. I must say, these reports have me worried. Did I make a huge mistake by not sticking with another Tacoma?

Is anyone interested in hearing about the X4s? I guess that’s a topic for another thread.

Thanks for listening.

The V Guy

· Premium Member
2021 RTL-E
410 Posts
You will NOT be able to feel the water on the carpet itself, or see it on the bottom of any mats. The RL has this foam backing on the carpet that keeps it from wicking up. You must get under the carpet to see what is going on. You can easily pull up the door sill plates and reach under...
I removed the rear door sills and ran my hand as far under the carpet as I could — dry as a bone (so far).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts