Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Have you found moisture under your rear flooring in your 2017+ Ridgeline?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline Sport AWD
10 Posts
I gave my new 2021 Ridgeline a light wash today. Hose was on the sprinkle-setting so it wasn’t high pressure, just rain-like. I made sure to wet down all windows and the roof. I checked under the left side passenger carpet - bone dry. “Hmm looks like it’s a non-issue for me, but let me check the other side just in case.” I checked under the right side passenger carpet. “Uh oh.” The floor and the foam-backing of the carpet were obviously wet. There was some staining on the bottom of the foam, too, which seemed to be evidence of past water leaks during some of the rain we have had over the past couple weeks. I dropped it off with my dealership.

I encourage everyone to check for this on both sides of their passenger carpet (your driveway may be sloped, directing water to one side). If Honda can’t fix your Ridgeline, don’t hesitate to exercise your rights under lemon laws.

· Registered
10 Posts
No, mine is a solid glass rear window, it's coming though the sheet metal seams.
Mine is a solid glass rear window, too.

I really like my Ridgeline but the leak I found is concerning. I have young kids and they ride in the rear seats. I don’t want to expose them to mold. I’m really hoping the Honda dealership succeeds in getting this leak sealed.

Water leaks are covered only by the 3/36 New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Honda most certainly knows about every single water leak that they have to cover under warranty. Until the warranty repair costs exceed the cost to address the issue, it will continue.
In Georgia, we also have the lemon law for new vehicles. The defect must occur within the first 24 months or 24,000 miles from delivery, whichever comes first.

Then you generally have to give the manufacturer three attempts to fix the defect plus one final attempt. If Honda still can’t fix it, then you can demand it buys back or replaces the vehicle.

If people start lemoning out their Ridgelines due to unresolved leaks, you can bet Honda will start paying much closer attention.

· Registered
10 Posts
I took my 2021 Ridgeline to the dealership after finding the underside of the rear right passenger carpet was wet. The dealership said the rear right door seal was improperly installed from the factory, installed a new door seal, water tested and said it was good. When I picked it up a few days ago, the foam under the rear right passenger carpet was still damp. It seems to retain moisture for a loooong time. I got it to dry by propping up the carpet with an old credit card and letting it air out for 48 hours. Then I water thoroughly water-tested, starting with the bed, then rear window, roof, right side window, left side window, and finally an overall “spray everything” test. Both right and left sides remained dry.

I’ll monitor and check after big rainstorms to be safe but all evidence points to the rear right door seal being the issue and I have been unable to replicate any water intrusion since the fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts