Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Have you found moisture under your rear flooring in your 2017+ Ridgeline?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
I checked out my two week old 2021 Sport. Was optimistic when it came up dry on the rear passenger side. Unfortunately there was water, not a lot, but still significant under the seat on the rear passenger side. I stopped in at the dealer today. They had a very good attitude about it and we scheduled them to have it a couple of days next week. I'll let you all know how that goes.

It really soured me at first but I kind of over it. I'm sure it can be solved with a proper effort. Aside from that I am loving the truck and haven't found any other issues at this point.

· Registered
19 Posts
I have never had a tonneau cover on my truck and it was still wet under the back seat on the drivers side. The suspicion seems to be the two slot drains at the lower corner of the back window. If parked down hill slightly I could see that all the water from the cover could wind up there and maybe the quantity of water from the cover could make a difference.

As for my truck the dealer said they found the leak that left the back drivers side wet AND an additional leak. They have repaired them both and will have my truck back to me today. They were caused by faulty panel seems is what I have been told.

· Registered
19 Posts
Well I got my truck back. It was put back together but basically one of the seems on the C pillar was not properly sealed. They took off the cover inside the wheel well to gain access and then fully sealed it. They they let the seal set up overnight and then put it under their sprinkler area and let it "rain" for some significant period of time. They verified that it was no longer leaking. At the point they put everything back in place and I've got it back. I'll keep an eye on it but have every reason to think they did a complete and adequate inspection and expect that all is now good. They had the truck for 2 days and the morning of a third. They were nothing but helpful thorough the whole process.

They didn't replace all the carpet and I didn't ask them to. It was defiantly wet but was never a huge amount of water. The truck was on their lot for less than 4 weeks and I had it two weeks. I'm confident the carpet is fine and would rather not have the whole interior disassembled if didn't seem to be needed. I know every dealership is different but I'm really happy with the way it was handled in my case.

· Registered
19 Posts
I wanted to add a follow up to my situation. I posted earlier about my leak under the carpet, discovered shortly after I bought my 2021 Sport in March. The dealership was very good. I pointed them in the direction of this site and to my amazement the service manager actually checked it out before my appointment. They checked the seams along the back of the cab and found not one, but two sources of small leaks. In November we got a couple of giant rainstorms here in the NW and I knew if it was going to leak it would have happened in these two storms. I was really nervous about checking afraid to find the worse.

But when I finally got up the courage to check it was as dry as a bone. Thank goodness for that. I'm sorry not everyone has had a satisfactory repair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts