Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Have you found moisture under your rear flooring in your 2017+ Ridgeline?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
The location I described is much higher on the frame (not that the location you describe won’t be a source). In fact, I have the seam you described and the adjacent body penetration plugs over-layered with flashing tape. My dealer left those in seals in place and removed the both fenders completely to access the unibody frame adjacent to the upper bed rails. In both cases the had, the left hand side was correctly sealed and the right hand side was completely missed at the factory.

The takeaway is Honda Corp won’t approve a blank check to the dealership to find & fix, and barely covers their mechanic’s labor cost Thus, dealerships do a quickie & obvious easy to see fix and call it resolved until secondary complaints are made.
Do you happen to have any pics of the seams
The location I described is much higher on the frame (not that the location you describe won’t be a source). In fact, I have the seam you described and the adjacent body penetration plugs over-layered with flashing tape. My dealer left those in seals in place and removed the both fenders completely to access the unibody frame adjacent to the upper bed rails. In both cases the had, the left hand side was correctly sealed and the right hand side was completely missed at the factory.

The takeaway is Honda Corp won’t approve a blank check to the dealership to find & fix, and barely covers their mechanic’s labor cost Thus, dealerships do a quickie & obvious easy to see fix and call it resolved until secondary complaints are made.
Do you happen to have any pics of the seams by the upper bed rails? I think my latest leak is in the same area, as well, after applying water to the passenger lower rear window drain hole with the tonneau cover on the truck.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts