Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Have you found moisture under your rear flooring in your 2017+ Ridgeline?

421 - 440 of 1011 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Well I decided to check under the back carpet again today. The floor is soaked again! I’m pissed to say the least. I called the dealer again and they can’t get the truck back in for two weeks! I asked the service advisor again if they’ve had any in for this problem and she stuttered saying not that she knows of but they haven’t sold many 21s. I told her it’s a problem with the 2017’s and up. She said they don’t sell that many Ridgelines lol. This is a big dealership in a very populated and busy area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is my biggest fear after I get my truck back. I really like this truck, but I might be moving on after this. My confidence in the truck and it's future reliability are definitely in question.

· Administrator
24,879 Posts
Well I decided to check under the back carpet again today. The floor is soaked again! I’m pissed to say the least.
Sell it to Carvana or Carmax or whoever today then post the VIN on here so we don't inherit the problem. There comes a point when it's better to retain your sanity and move on whether you try your luck with another Ridgeline or something else.

· Registered
95 Posts
Nothing else to say but, Wow! That is terrible. If the dealer won't put you in a different Ridgeline, I would sell the Ridgeline while values are high, and move on to another manufacturer who values quality. Sorry to hear that, @Dkepp. You could also pop in on the Santa Cruz and Maverick forums and put in a "good" word for the Ridgeline.
Yeah I’m really upset. I really don’t want to have to get a different truck. I really like the Ridgeline. Im not interested in the Santa Cruz or maverick. They’re too small. The Ridgeline was perfect for what I need. If they can’t fix it again, I may try and have them get me a new one. I don’t know if they would even do that or how I could guarantee that one won’t leak. Mine is a BE and I’d definitely want the same one.

Sell it to Carvana or Carmax or whoever today then post the VIN on here so we don't inherit the problem. There comes a point when it's better to retain your sanity and move on whether you try your luck with another Ridgeline or something else.
Finding another 21 BE Ridgeline right now would take forever I’m assuming. I also just bought it May so I’d really not like to lose money on this. Something that should never have happened.

The dealer can’t get me in for two weeks when a loaner is available.

I just called Honda and of course they aren’t aware of any water leak problems! She wasn’t going to do anything until they tried fixing it a second time, then she would issue me a case number. After fighting with her for an hour or so I was able to get a case number from her. Supposedly someone is going to review it and call me back in a few days.

Sorry to hear this...did you find it with your moisture meter or by pulling the carpet up?
I just pulled the carpet up. I hadn’t checked for water since the first time they “fixed it”.

· Registered
2021 RTL-E, Modern Steel Metallic
18 Posts
So - when it rains it pours and when it pours it rains in late model Ridgelines. Had heavy storms in NJ Tuesday night. Have a 2021 RTL-E with about 2,900 miles. Checked the carpet under the rear seats and they were wet - sopped water with paper towels. I called yesterday and was able to get an appointment for today. Seems that local NJ dealer(s) contract with The Water Doctor who specialize with water issues. I have no experience to go by other than they got someone there quickly to look at it. I read the horror stories in this and similar threads and I'm concerned. We'll see where this one goes...

· Registered
38 Posts
I had previously checked my 2021 after a hard rain and it was ok. Drove thru a 15 minute downpour last night, checked the driver side when I got home, all good. Seeing the above post made me go check the passenger side just now and its soaked. 2021 sport with 3,000 miles on it, bought in March, manufactured in January.

· Registered
95 Posts
Yeah I’m sure it’s much more common than we even know about. Most people aren’t on this forum and would never think to pull trim off and stick their hands under their carpets. You’d never know there was water there otherwise until it started smelling. Even then most people just throw air fresheners in there and think nothing of it. Until it’s out of warranty, then they’re paying for it to be repaired or trying to fix it themselves.

The dealer called me this morning and I can bring it in tomorrow. Supposedly they are going to try to get someone from Honda there. I’m doubtful this will actually be repaired at this point. I’m so pissed.

· Registered
38 Posts
I had been checking mine periodically after car washes and one other rain that I drove in. Mine is garage kept so not a lot of opportunities to get it wet, but it definitely is leaking. Do you guys think I should lift the carpet and let it dry out. I'm 90 miles from my dealer and not sure when I can get it in.

· Registered
95 Posts
I had been checking mine periodically after car washes and one other rain that I drove in. Mine is garage kept so not a lot of opportunities to get it wet, but it definitely is leaking. Do you guys think I should lift the carpet and let it dry out. I'm 90 miles from my dealer and not sure when I can get it in.
There’s no point in letting it dry. There’s likely water all over the floor. It took the dealer a day to just remove everything in order to remove the carpet. I wouldn’t touch it. Just bring it to them whenever you can get an appointment. I’m curious if your dealer has heard about this issue.

· Registered
38 Posts
There’s no point in letting it dry. There’s likely water all over the floor. It took the dealer a day to just remove everything in order to remove the carpet. I wouldn’t touch it. Just bring it to them whenever you can get an appointment. I’m curious if your dealer has heard about this issue.

Roger. My dealer is Lindsay Honda in Columbus Ohio. I think they are the largest in the country.

· Administrator
24,879 Posts
It's astonishing to me that after 114 votes we are still running 20+% with leaks. Could it really be that bad for the overall production???
I'm wondering how many members who answered "no" actually looked for water under the carper or simply answered no because there are no obvious signs of water leaks (i.e., fogged interior windows, odor, standing water, etc.).

If I had created the poll, I would have asked, "For those who have checked under the carpets, have you found water?" or added a third option to the poll for "I haven't checked under the carpets for water".

· Registered
95 Posts
I'm wondering how many members who answered "no" actually looked for water under the carper or simply answered no because there are no obvious signs of water leaks (i.e., fogged interior windows, odor, standing water, etc.).
That’s a good point. I’m guessing it’s higher than 20% of Ridgelines. I was wondering why my glasses fogged up instantly after getting in the other day lol.

· Registered
26 Posts
Yeah I’m sure it’s much more common than we even know about. Most people aren’t on this forum and would never think to pull trim off and stick their hands under their carpets. You’d never know there was water there otherwise until it started smelling. Even then most people just throw air fresheners in there and think nothing of it. Until it’s out of warranty, then they’re paying for it to be repaired or trying to fix it themselves.

The dealer called me this morning and I can bring it in tomorrow. Supposedly they are going to try to get someone from Honda there. I’m doubtful this will actually be repaired at this point. I’m so pissed.

I agree. I for one would never have known to check there for a leak on a brand new truck. Thankful for this forum as it is under warranty. I got mine back after 3 weeks of being at the dealer and a body shop. I am not convinced it is done right but I ran a hose on it for 15-20 min and checked and did not feel water although it felt slightly damp under there before my water test. Stinks to feel like I need to check for water periodically. Good luck with your dealer.

· Registered
95 Posts
I agree. I for one would never have known to check there for a leak on a brand new truck. Thankful for this forum as it is under warranty. I got mine back after 3 weeks of being at the dealer and a body shop. I am not convinced it is done right but I ran a hose on it for 15-20 min and checked and did not feel water although it felt slightly damp under there before my water test. Stinks to feel like I need to check for water periodically. Good luck with your dealer.
Thanks. Yeah it’s crazy how all of these trucks are getting the leaks fixed at Honda dealers but Honda doesn’t know anything about it.

· Registered
26 Posts
Thanks. Yeah it’s crazy how all of these trucks are getting the leaks fixed at Honda dealers but Honda doesn’t know anything about it.

When I took mine I supplied them with some screen shots of this forum detailing where it was so it was easier for them to diagnose. just fyi. When I asked them they seemed to claim this was a new situation/issue that they did not previously know about. Interesting

· Registered
26 Posts
I've checked my '21 several times over the first 5,000 miles and a few rain storms and am pleased to report that it's still dry - and I'm very glad because I do not want to deal with two lemons in a row.
Was your previous lemon the same truck? What was the process like claiming a lemon law issue? Just curious in case this goes south for me.

421 - 440 of 1011 Posts