Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Have you found moisture under your rear flooring in your 2017+ Ridgeline?

441 - 460 of 1011 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
When I took mine I supplied them with some screen shots of this forum detailing where it was so it was easier for them to diagnose. just fyi. When I asked them they seemed to claim this was a new situation/issue that they did not previously know about. Interesting
Yeah same here. The service advisor said she’s never heard of the problem before this, but “they don’t sell that many Ridgelines” lol. It’s not a small dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Administrator
24,879 Posts
Was your previous lemon the same truck? What was the process like claiming a lemon law issue? Just curious in case this goes south for me.
2019 Ridgeline. You can read about it here...

· Administrator
24,879 Posts
Whether or not you get a loaner is up to the dealer - they decide whether or not to offer loaners and who to offer them to. Some dealers offer loaners to anyone while others offer them only if you bought your vehicle from them. Some dealers don't offer any loaners at all. Those that do may require you to wait until one becomes available. You are not entitled to a loaner from Honda unless you have purchased a Honda Care vehicle service contract.

· Registered
38 Posts
Whether or not you get a loaner is up to the dealer - they decide whether or not to offer loaners and who to offer them to. Some dealers offer loaners to anyone while others offer them only if you bought your vehicle from them. Some dealers don't offer any loaners at all. Those that do may require you to wait until one becomes available. You are not entitled to a loaner from Honda unless you have purchased a Honda Care vehicle service contract.
They said they don't offer loaners. It would be up to Honda if they felt like giving me one or something like that. Rentals are $50 a day. So I better plan on having someone follow me to the dealership.

· Administrator
24,879 Posts
Rentals are $50 a day.
That's a steal.

Last year, car rental companies sold off most of their fleets during the lockdowns. Demand returned in the midst of supply shortage due to those same lockdowns. Rental agencies have resorted to buying used cars to add to their fleets. If you can even find a rental available, you're probably looking at $150/day for a tiny economy car.

· Registered
95 Posts
They said they don't offer loaners. It would be up to Honda if they felt like giving me one or something like that. Rentals are $50 a day. So I better plan on having someone follow me to the dealership.
That’s crazy. What year is your truck? Why wouldn’t you automatically get a loaner for this bs problem? I got a Ridgeline loaner the first time it went in and am supposed to get one tomorrow when I bring it in again. I did buy my truck from them a few months ago and I think I have Honda care. Either way you should get a loaner at least. I’d call Honda and talk to them. Make them aware of the problem. I just talked to them yesterday and supposedly didn’t know about this issue lol

· Registered
2021 RTL
81 Posts
I've always requested a loaner without being a jerk about it when possible. You are paying for or have paid for that truck that's in for repairs under warranty. Every day you don't have a truck is a day you just made a payment not to have a vehicle. Most dealers will work with you out of courtesy when they can.

· Registered
38 Posts
That’s crazy. What year is your truck? Why wouldn’t you automatically get a loaner for this bs problem? I got a Ridgeline loaner the first time it went in and am supposed to get one tomorrow when I bring it in again. I did buy my truck from them a few months ago and I think I have Honda care. Either way you should get a loaner at least. I’d call Honda and talk to them. Make them aware of the problem. I just talked to them yesterday and supposedly didn’t know about this issue lol

I bought the truck new on March 27th. Not sure if I have Honda Care. Probably not if that is something extra you have to pay for. What number did you use to call Honda?

· Registered
26 Posts
I've always requested a loaner without being a jerk about it when possible. You are paying for or have paid for that truck that's in for repairs under warranty. Every day you don't have a truck is a day you just made a payment not to have a vehicle. Most dealers will work with you out of courtesy when they can.
Same here. They didn't offer me one until I requested one politely. They provided me with a CRV until my truck was done 3 weeks later.

· Registered
2021 RTL
81 Posts
Same here. They didn't offer me one until I requested one politely. They provided me with a CRV until my truck was done 3 weeks later.
That's the biggest concern when going in for this type of warranty work. Could be a day, could be a month. If it's a day, no big deal not having a loaner in most cases. But when it goes weeks without a definitive repair date....well then that's much more of an inconvenience.

· Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTS in Deep Scarlet Red
302 Posts
That's the biggest concern when going in for this type of warranty work. Could be a day, could be a month. If it's a day, no big deal not having a loaner in most cases. But when it goes weeks without a definitive repair date....well then that's much more of an inconvenience.
My experience it will take 3 weeks. It just takes that long to run through the sequence of soak & dry-out, then seal what they find, then repeat until they can't find any more leaks. That's after a significant amount of disassembly (was told an entire workday) and then reassembly likely takes the same or longer.

The one piece of advice I would leave anyone experiencing this problem is to please stay civil no matter how pissed off you might feel about the problem. Honda and my dealership made good on mine after the warranty expired, give them a reasonable chance to fix yours.

· Registered
302 Posts
Roger. My dealer is Lindsay Honda in Columbus Ohio. I think they are the largest in the country.
I would not be surprised if your dealer in Columbus has the same Honda factory rep that handled mine in Akron. If so, they are very familiar with the problem and how to fix it. On the wet carpet, I attempted to dry the carpet by blotting with bath towels underneath the carpet to keep the swamp odor to a minimum. Most likely with a brand new truck they will replace the carpet.

· Registered
95 Posts
I would not be surprised if your dealer in Columbus has the same Honda factory rep that handled mine in Akron. If so, they are very familiar with the problem and how to fix it. On the wet carpet, I attempted to dry the carpet by blotting with bath towels underneath the carpet to keep the swamp odor to a minimum. Most likely with a brand new truck they will replace the carpet.
They brought in an expert from Honda and they still had to guess and test at which seams needed sealing for three weeks?

· Registered
302 Posts
They brought in an expert from Honda and they still had to guess and test at which seams needed sealing for three weeks?

Yes, that's the drill. There are multiple points for leaks to occur that need checked independently. That needs done repeatedly due to the multiple pathways that water can flow once it leaks inside.

· Registered
95 Posts
Not sure if this was asked but what was your build date? Would it be of value to plot build date with water/no water problems?
It’s not a problem that’s limited to certain trucks for a certain build date range. It seems to be a problem with trucks from 2017 to 2021. My truck was purchased before it was delivered to the dealer in May of this year.

· Registered
93 Posts
That's definitely unacceptable to not provide a loaner vehicle while yours is being repaired due to a discrepancy caused by Honda. I was provided a 2021 HRV (terrible vehicle) but glad I have transportation during this process.

I am headed to the dealership today to look at the repair. They have completed the repair on the body seams and it is currently curing (24 hrs).

441 - 460 of 1011 Posts