Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Have you found moisture under your rear flooring in your 2017+ Ridgeline?

761 - 780 of 797 Posts

·
Administrator
21,157 Posts
Moderator's note: Multiple threads on interior water leaks were merged on November 20, 2021. Please use the current thread only to answer the poll. To discuss interior water leaks, please use the following thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is my first posting but have been lurking for a couple of years. I had a 2008 RTX that I traded in for a 2021 Ridgeline Sport back in March. After reading a post on the water intrusion problem I decided to check mine by pulling up the sill plate and checking under the carpeting and found the foam under the carpet soaked on the rear seat on the passenger side. I have it at the dealer at the present time and they’ve ordered new carpeting and removing the rear seats, etc., to try and locate the leak. They claim that they have not seen this problem before on the 2021 Ridgelines and I believe that the reason is because owners don’t realize it’s leaking because you can’t tell by just feeling the top of the carpet, you have to check underneath. I love this truck and it’s my second Ridgeline and feel the dealer will make this right but want to get the word out to other owners of 2021 Ridgelines that aren’t aware of this problem . Hopefully Honda will be made aware of this issue and correct it. My build date by the way is 2/21. Good luck, it’s still a great truck in spite of certain build problems.
The leak came from the rear fixed glass panel. I noticed it when I had a car wash. Honda replaced the whole rear fixed window assembly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Update--After my 21' sport was found to have a leak in late Aug and was sent by Honda to a body shop for repair (total length of time vehicle was out of my hands was 19 days) it stayed dry after several tests with hose etc... We now have snow and I checked under carpet and it is frozen to the floor with ice/moisture. Another appt with Honda for inspection this coming Mon. I'm at wits end with this issue and having to deal with this with a vehicle under 7k miles. Ugh

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl
622 Posts
Everytime I read one of these I feel bad for what you're going through. Some people have had good luck getting the repair done correctly and others have not. Hope it goes better for you going forward.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Everytime I read one of these I feel bad for what you're going through. Some people have had food luck getting the repair done correctly and other have not. Hope it goes better for you going forward.
Thanks. I'd be lying if I said I wasnt considering cutting my losses and looking for another truck. I am getting tired of thinking I need to check under the carpet every other month

·
Super Moderator
2,333 Posts
Buy a Harbor freight moisture meter and leave it in the back door well. Jam it into the carpet every once in a while and you'll have piece of mind ! (like I've been doing)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks. I'd be lying if I said I wasnt considering cutting my losses and looking for another truck. I am getting tired of thinking I need to check under the carpet every other month
I highly recommend hiring a lemon law attorney. I hired one for my water leak and was able to get it repaired and was compensated as well. If you live in NY,Pa, or NJ, I recommend the one I used. They didn’t charge me directly and is only compensated by the car manufacturer. You can message me directly if you’d like more info or have questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wanted to add a follow up to my situation. I posted earlier about my leak under the carpet, discovered shortly after I bought my 2021 Sport in March. The dealership was very good. I pointed them in the direction of this site and to my amazement the service manager actually checked it out before my appointment. They checked the seams along the back of the cab and found not one, but two sources of small leaks. In November we got a couple of giant rainstorms here in the NW and I knew if it was going to leak it would have happened in these two storms. I was really nervous about checking afraid to find the worse.

But when I finally got up the courage to check it was as dry as a bone. Thank goodness for that. I'm sorry not everyone has had a satisfactory repair.

·
Registered
2022 Black Edition (black) 18Nov21
331 Posts
On my 2019 I had no water leaks. I verified this two ways. Driving in very heavy rain making several stops over a 3 hour time frame. I also power washed my truck around all the suspected spots.

On my new 2022 I’ve used a moisture meter on both sides of the carpet in the back seat area. Nothing! I’ll check again once the truck gets exposed to a heavy deluge. Most likely in the spring.

I have peace of mind knowing at least two RLs were tested and found to be dry! It’s a no news is good news event.

Gusto!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got notification yesterday that my 2022 BE should arrive at the dealer between 1/13 and 1/17.
I'm really on the fence about purchasing this vehicle. Back in September I put a 500 deposit down, "fully refundable", just to have a look at the vehicle and decide if I want to purchase it.
I have learned a great deal from this forum, like getting a quote for Honda Care from Hyannis.
I'm really concerned about this water intrusion problem following into the 2022 models.
Can anyone tell me if this issue has been fixed for 2022 models? I cannot find anything on the internet stating that this has been fixed.
I did come across this......

·
Registered
2014 Sport
4,054 Posts
I got notification yesterday that my 2022 BE should arrive at the dealer between 1/13 and 1/17.
I'm really on the fence about purchasing this vehicle. Back in September I put a 500 deposit down, "fully refundable", just to have a look at the vehicle and decide if I want to purchase it.
I have learned a great deal from this forum, like getting a quote for Honda Care from Hyannis.
I'm really concerned about this water intrusion problem following into the 2022 models.
Can anyone tell me if this issue has been fixed for 2022 models? I cannot find anything on the internet stating that this has been fixed.
I don't think that anyone (short of someone inside Honda) can tell if they have made any changes to help with leaking issues.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline Black Black Edition
12 Posts
Thanks for the post! Submitted mine!

On the “have they fixed it?” question:
One would think they would have fixed it after 2017, or after 2018, or after 2019, or after 2020. All we know is it’s been 4 model years after the original problem and it still happened.
Maybe 2022 will be the charm!

761 - 780 of 797 Posts