Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Have you found moisture under your rear flooring in your 2017+ Ridgeline?

781 - 797 of 797 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the post! Submitted mine!
I need to thank this forum for some really good advice...
Back in September I put the deposit down, just to have a look at the vehicle that is curently on the way....
If the 2021 BE was on the lot at this past September I would have purchased it....
Not a bad world we are living in, "I think" , Information is awesome if you know what to look for....🍻
After contemplating purchasing for 4 months, I've decided not to purchase...At 45,000 plus I cannot take the risk...
Love you guys 💘...Thank you 🍻...
I hope to be a part of this awesome forum at a later time.🍻

·
Registered
79 Posts
I need to thank this forum for some really good advice...
Back in September I put the deposit down, just to have a look at the vehicle that is curently on the way....
If the 2021 BE was on the lot at this September time I would have purchased it....
Not a bad world we are living in, "I think" , Information is awesome if you know what to look for....
After contemplating purchasing for 4 months, I've decided not to purchase...At 45,000 plus I cannot take the risk...
Love you guys ...Thank you ...
I hope to be a part of this awesome forum at a later time.
You could always check it before you buy it. Just pop the trim off by the door sill. Or have them do it for you. It would have likely been through some rain and probably washed by the dealership at some point. I wish I had done that before signing. Fortunately, my truck seems to be fixed now though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E PACIFIC PEWTER
95 Posts
Hello and happy new year to all, for me it not a happy new year.
had my RL services for back cabin waters leaks repair in November & check with waters tested was dried . Then last week was out and caught in heavy down pour,and rechecked and sure enough back half of the paper are wet on the driver’s side. When I did the torture water tested w/o the tonneau. This time rain on with the tonneau on and the north mountain tonneau not completely waterproof some water drains down inside the truck bed not wholelots . Currently scheduling to back to Honda service. Hopefully they will be fixed eventually. Will keep ya’ll posted.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello and happy new year to all, for me it not a happy new year.
had my RL services for back cabin waters leaks repair in November & check with waters tested was dried . Then last week was out and caught in heavy down pour,and rechecked and sure enough back half of the paper are wet on the driver’s side. When I did the torture water tested w/o the tonneau. This time rain on with the tonneau on and the north mountain tonneau not completely waterproof some water drains down inside the truck bed not wholelots . Currently scheduling to back to Honda service. Hopefully they will be fixed eventually. Will keep ya’ll posted.
If it’s not fixed after the second attempt, hire a lemon law attorney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased a new 2018 black edition ridgeline some three plus years ago . This vehicle is a very low mileage unit 16k and lives in suburbs and never has been offroad. A water leak showed up last winter . The rugs were sopped and every thing else was wet to damp. The dealership was lost trying to find the problem. I found a UTUBE post called 2017 ridgeline water leak . This was shown to the techs and the problem hopefully is solved. The tech report described the failed chalking as old and cracked . Honda needs to notify the dealers of this problem and weld the seams shut or use a marine grade chalking. The 2022 ridgelines are being marketed as true offroad vehicles. Quality control needs to step up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Automotive sealer should still be good even 20+ years later. The lack of 22's with water may be a sign of things going in the right direction though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sell it to Carvana or Carmax or whoever today then post the VIN on here s o we don't inherit the problem. There comes a point when it's better to retain your sanity and move on whether you try your luck with another Ridgeline or something else.
This is the answer to the question that I just asked today - why are there so many '21 REs with very very low mileage available on the used car market? This thread and especially this post sums it up. I'm p.ostponing my purchase indefinitely.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
2019 RTL, our recent trip to Montana, 40 above zero to 20+ below zero. Rain and piled up snow on the vehicle most of the trip, still no water under the carpet!

Honestly folks, if you could poll each and every Ridgeline owner, I would be willing to bet that the number of vehicles actually experiencing water leaks would be minimal to minuscule. :rolleyes:

Bill

·
Registered
2019 RTL
992 Posts
2019 RTL, our recent trip to Montana, 40 above zero to 20+ below zero. Rain and piled up snow on the vehicle most of the trip, still no water under the carpet!

Honestly folks, if you could poll each and every Ridgeline owner, I would be willing to bet that the number of vehicles actually experiencing water leaks would be minimal to minuscule. :rolleyes:

Bill
And that's based on the fact that yours' doesn't leak? If Bill's doesn't leak neither does anyone else's? All those that actually have a leak are making it up? And you don't think there are a whole lot of people out there that haven't looked so don't know theirs is leaking?

·
Registered
2019 RTL
992 Posts
And dont get all defensive @SeattleR
I'm not getting defensive. Just saying there are a lot that have leaking Ridgelines and a lot that don't know whether they have leaking Ridgelines as they haven't checked. It's not rocket science.

Then there are those that won't have anything bad said about the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I have met several Ridgeline owners but I have yet to meet another owner personally that is experiencing this problem. The only experience that I have with this issue is right here.

Bill

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl
622 Posts
I also know some Ridgeline owners. Some I have met since I purchased, one is a neighbor and 3 are family. None I know have this water intrusion issue. While I believe it is true that there are, shall we say, leakers unaware, I also know by the same token, we don't have people lined up to join the club telling us "Hi, my name is Tom and I don't have a leak".

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not seeing it in my 2022. I check every now and then….
This link was helpful.
My 2021 Sport, build date 06/2021, has soppy carpets, front/back/drivers/passenger. Called dealer and they’re acting like it’s need to them. I post a follow up. Did see a law firm is soliciting owners for a potential class action.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,250 Posts
My 2021 Sport, build date 06/2021, has soppy carpets, front/back/drivers/passenger. Called dealer and they’re acting like it’s need to them. I post a follow up. Did see a law firm is soliciting owners for a potential class action.
You'd be better off getting it repaired, and selling it (if it bothers you), rather than messing around with a class action lawsuit.

Reactions: zroger73
781 - 797 of 797 Posts