Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Have you found moisture under your rear flooring in your 2017+ Ridgeline?

961 - 980 of 990 Posts

·
Registered
22 Ridgeline Touring
227 Posts
If wasn’t for this forum I’d not know about the water leaks after almost 2 years. Parked in garage most of the time. I believe it had been fixed since mid April of this year( still checking from time to time specially after heavy rains).
Thats the problem with mine, garaged and I've got the mats that cover all the carpet. If I didn't pull them out to clean, I wouldn't have known about this issues for god knows how long.

·
Registered
10 Posts
After the initial inspection by the technician, they were not able to find the source of the leak. The dealer decided to take the truck to a body shop for more through inspection. After week and a half the truck is back. They inspection and sealed the probable area. I was told the repair was fully documented. I assume that must be a big fat bill to Honda. I’m still going to keep an eye on the rear carpet to make sure it’s dry.

·
Registered
95 Posts
After the initial inspection by the technician, they were not able to find the source of the leak. The dealer decided to take the truck to a body shop for more through inspection. After week and a half the truck is back. They inspection and sealed the probable area. I was told the repair was fully documented. I assume that must be a big fat bill to Honda. I’m still going to keep an eye on the rear carpet to make sure it’s dry.
Definitely keep checking it after every rain and car wash for a while. I thought mine was fixed after the first time. They told me they sealed it and checked it again for leaks. After the first hard rain it was soaked again. Good thing I checked again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I purchased my 2021 RTL in September 2021. Late June of this year I discovered wet carpets in the rear, driver side. I took my RL to the dealer where purchased. Today is August 17 and they still have my RL. Their first attempt was identifying a leak in the upper corner, driver side, of the rear window. This required a complete rear glass replacement. After that repair, my truck was parked in the dealer's parking lot when we had a heavy rainfall one night. I went by the next day and checked the carpets. Soaked. So I notified them there is still a leak. Now they say there is a faulty or missing drain plug in the forward end panel. We will see if this latest fix takes care of the leaks. I have my doubts after reading all the accounts of RL owners posted here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I purchased my 2021 RTL in September 2021. Late June of this year I discovered wet carpets in the rear, driver side. I took my RL to the dealer where purchased. Today is August 17 and they still have my RL. Their first attempt was identifying a leak in the upper corner, driver side, of the rear window. This required a complete rear glass replacement. After that repair, my truck was parked in the dealer's parking lot when we had a heavy rainfall one night. I went by the next day and checked the carpets. Soaked. So I notified them there is still a leak. Now they say there is a faulty or missing drain plug in the forward end panel. We will see if this latest fix takes care of the leaks. I have my doubts after reading all the accounts of RL owners posted here.
I’m still waiting for a heavy shower to see if the cab is leak proof. I washed the truck yesterday and the carpet pad feels dry

·
Super Moderator
2022 Sonic Gray Pearl RTL-E
8,613 Posts
They are even dissing us over on the Santa Cruz forum. I won't mention the poster because he is a former RL owner.

"As ]@ToadVine suggested on his June 11 post, he has a Ridgeline! He just got confused and ended up on the Hyundai site instead of the Honda site. BTW - I’ve owned two Ridgelines and the leak is real.

My investigation is complete. My work here is done
"

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E PACIFIC PEWTER
130 Posts
Yes it’s real. Although the processes for Honda repair very frustrating,after 5 trips total 45 days and since the end April 2022 no more leaks i live in northwest Florida and this summer is the wettest that I can remember and RL remain dry. I did mention to trade it for another vehicle after it has been repaired but can’t find one that versatile like the RL last week I bought a 85” tv fit nicely standup in truck bed with the gate closed(caddy-corner).

·
Super Moderator
2022 Sonic Gray Pearl RTL-E
8,613 Posts
2021 BE with water under everywhere; front and rear...
I am not sure we have had anyone with water underneath all the carpet in the vehicle. That would certainly be disheartening.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dealer said that they never heard about the issue... I really think people are totally unaware of this problem because the surface or the carpet is totally dry. You really have to reach under the carpet to fell the water and there is plenty of it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I thought I'd update my ordeal. The missing drain plug as mentioned previously was not the source of the leak but instead a seam that was not sealed along the back wall of the cab. This was sealed by the technician. However due damage that resulted while in the care of the dealership the '21 ended up in the collision center for repair. After weeks of round and round with the dealership management, I ended up trading in my '21 RL. My new ride is, yes, another Ridgeline. This time a '23 BE. I really like the upgrade. I'm nervous as hell about taking it to the car wash. That's when I first discovered the leak on the '21. It's build date was 8/21. The '23 build date is 8/22. I would like to believe that Honda has corrected this issue in manufacturing but with the already long track record of not doing so, I remain nervous. I was without my '21 for a total of 87 days. Crazy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm not sure what state you're in, but here in Texas that would have qualified for lemon law buyback based on more than 30 days in for repair.
t's the same here in CO, 30 business days of a vehicle being out of service due to a warranty issue. A big share of the 87 days was due to the dealer mishap and other dealer issues. So I may have been close to the 30 days but I chose, wisely or not, to not pursue the lemon law. I hope I don't regret the decision.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I love my RL. It was worth the effort I put into finding and buying it. If something happened to it today, I’d start looking for another. But DO NOT buy a RL without taking it to the car wash first…before it’s yours. Yes, even a new one. Honda has let this go for 6 model years and there are still owners taking RLs with wet carpet to dealers who say “we’ve never heard of this before.” Unfortunately, we have no reason to suspect that the issue has been entirely addressed for the 23 model year. For you 23 owners, I sincerely hope that it has.

·
Registered
95 Posts
On post #497 of the interior water leak thread someone stated that when they took their Ridgeline in the technician admitted it was a known problem and well documented by Honda. It would seem they know about it (hard to imagine otherwise) but whether it has made it back to HMA or not is another question. Since the Ridgeline surpassed the Ranger in August sales I would think they would want to pay more attention to getting the problem fixed.

961 - 980 of 990 Posts