Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Have you found moisture under your rear flooring in your 2017+ Ridgeline?

1001 - 1004 of 1004 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey I'm curious ... how did you check the new ridgelines on the lot? did you ask them to let you pull the trim up and put your hand under the carpet?
A little bit of both. I had the first one on an overnight test drive from a dealer I know. I read about the problem and was able to go out immediately and check it. Another was a new one at the dealer. I was able to drive it alone and just checked it while I was out. I told the salesman and he even asked me to show him so I did it again in their parking lot so he could stick his hand under there. The last two that I saw in person, I told the dealer up front that I would not even consider buying it without them letting me check. There were both okay with it. I also took them both to a carwash and soaked them while looking for water. I did not use ramps to get an incline but I used about 10 minutes worth of high pressure car wash wand making sure to direct the water to the front of the bed so that it would have to drain out that way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok. Big rains coming this week so i'll post if there are any wet ones.
Thinking about it, maybe a bunch of people testing new, on-the-lot RLs would give a lot more precise statistics on how widespread the leak problem is. If you're buying, you have to keep checking until you find a dry one. There are typically 3 or 4 new ridgelines on dealer lots near me. It eliminates the statistical problem of unaware owners, but still has the statistical problem of small numbers. if you test 2 and 1 is wet, you can't conclude that 50% nationwide are leaky. if we added up our findings, that would be more useful.

·
Registered
‘21 White, BE
154 Posts
Thinking about it, maybe a bunch of people testing new, on-the-lot RLs would give a lot more precise statistics on how widespread the leak problem is. If you're buying, you have to keep checking until you find a dry one. There are typically 3 or 4 new ridgelines on dealer lots near me. It eliminates the statistical problem of unaware owners, but still has the statistical problem of small numbers. if you test 2 and 1 is wet, you can't conclude that 50% nationwide are leaky. if we added up our findings, that would be more useful.

Well, according to the poll, 1 out of 4 will have water intrusion. Due diligence now will save you time and headaches....

1001 - 1004 of 1004 Posts