Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no heat at idle on very cold day

anyone else did saw that under 0 F, when very cold outside, at every stop light of stop sign(when throttle is at 0%) , on highest temperature, with fan set a full, you clearly see a difference with air temperature going outside of your vent. Once you go into a drivethru it's horrible, you will get cold air at the end of the run if it last ~ 5minutes.

I did somes test with or without ECON mode and it does the same

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Re: no heat at idle on very cold day

Check antifreeze level, thermostat, water valve. Settings on climate controls.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,161 Posts

It doesn't get that cold down here in the states. But, I was out on our mountain area with the snowmobile and when coming back to the RTL I have it warmed up nicely just sitting there idling for 10minutes in 4 deg f temps. Maybe there's something wrong with your diverter box ? A vacuum leak in a air control line ?

Steve

·
Registered
1,206 Posts

Something wrong there. We've had extended stints of below 0 F here and the truck has consistently heated up well and stayed warm within 2km of stop and go city driving. And it does live outside so it has come up from cold.

·
Registered
53 Posts

This doesnt sound normal---I'd suggest taking it in to your dealer and let them figure out what the problem is and fix it since it's still under warranty....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anemic Heater

Has anyone else experienced lackluster heat in the drivers side foot well? I get great heat out of the dash vents, and in defrost mode, but my feet don't get very much. I've tried everything; turned the heat up to 85 degrees, directed 100% of the heat to the floor, turned off the heat to the back seat... nothing helps. This is especially noticeable at higher speeds in cold weather.

I appreciate any thoughts or ideas on how to improve the situation.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Re: Anemic Heater

I think there were a few people who have had blend door issues where it was not properly directing heat into a particular zone. Have you already taken your truck to your dealer?

·
Registered
4,146 Posts

New truck still under warranty take to dealership.
They resolve your problem or not you got records of your encounter/s.
Forum questioning is good but dealership will attempt to fix if they are any good.

Reactions: Carsmak

·
Registered
263 Posts

Has anyone else experienced lackluster heat in the drivers side foot well? I get great heat out of the dash vents, and in defrost mode, but my feet don't get very much. I've tried everything; turned the heat up to 85 degrees, directed 100% of the heat to the floor, turned off the heat to the back seat... nothing helps. This is especially noticeable at higher speeds in cold weather.

I appreciate any thoughts or ideas on how to improve the situation.
Check the service records or rating of the dealer before you go just in case they have a bad reputation. Will save you a lot of grief since some are having issues with certain dealers.

·
Registered
263 Posts

I have a tendency to not want to be very hot while driving. But the other day I was in a colder climate and had to use the floor heater more than usual. It did seem that the volume of heat directed to the driver's side floor area was weak. I will have to look at it more closely.

·
Registered
154 Posts

Since the RL has the auto climate control I have just left it on and went. I have been surprised and happy that it is noticeably warmer in the truck when I get to work and I do not live that far from work although it has not been that cold here yet. I have never really noticed where the heat was coming from though. I guess I just thought it came from all the vents to warm up the entire truck. I will have to start paying more attention.

·
Registered
52 Posts

One thing is it ducts the air out behind the the brake peddle which is pretty far forward but even so it seems weak getting air to the floor, which is precisely where you want it in cold weather. I have to increase the fan to at least speed 3 and have it directed to floor only to even feel it at the floor.

I could take it to the dealer but I have no doubt they'll say "it's normal" just run the fan at 4 for higher.

·
Registered
263 Posts

I too keep the fan on 3 all the time. That seems to allow the heating/cooling to balance just fine. I also leave it on "sync". I do try to keep the backseat ducts clear. We took a trip for Thanksgiving and it performed quite well in the 20 degree weather.

·
Registered
19 Posts

My 2018 RTL-E seems to be the opposite, in that I can't set the temperature higher than 62-63 or the cab will get too hot. This is with the fan at minimum speed. Anyone seeing this with their RL?

·
Registered
250 Posts

My 2018 RTL-E seems to be the opposite, in that I can't set the temperature higher than 62-63 or the cab will get too hot. This is with the fan at minimum speed. Anyone seeing this with their RL?
The thermometer calibration appears to be way off on mine as well. Summer found me needing to set it to low 60s to be comfortable. Winter has it in the 70s. Other vehicles we've had or have I can set it to 66 or so and never touch it again.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Please don’t get cold feet taking it to the dealership.

Also try to go on a day when it is coldest. Later on you may also place a little more insulation padding beneath your carpet.

When I first drove my new BE, I hated the driver seat because the front support felt like it was pressing on my legs and cutting off blood circulation to the point where my legs felt like ants were running along them. My point is look out for poor leg circulation especially on long trips, even if it means buying that triangular shaped driving seat cushion that either Walmart or one of those truck stops sell.

·
Registered
10 Posts

I'm having the exact same problem, Zerbitini. Very low/no floor heat, no matter how I direct it, or how far I turn it up. 2018 Sport.

I held a thin piece of paper near the floor with the floor heater turned up, and I did see it moving a bit, but I still didn't feel anything as far as heat goes.

I have service scheduled for Friday at 12:00p at Legends Honda in KCK (I see you're in the KC area too) -- I will let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Interested to see how this goes. I have no heat in the floor area. It's horrible. Going to take it to the dealer when I can get in.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts