Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,084 Posts
Where is that on the door panel, so I can make it a point to check it on the first walk around?

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,501 Posts
You did not catch that massive gap at the time of delivery?

·
Administrator
18,544 Posts
@kiveysc, are you referring to the unfinished/rough seam on top of the door pockets on the front doors?

There are cheaper cars with better finish, but the Ridgeline is a common, average-priced vehicle. This isn't specific to the Ridgeline or Honda.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@kiveysc, are you referring to the unfinished/rough seam on top of the door pockets on the front doors?

View attachment 412841

There are cheaper cars with better finish, but the Ridgeline is a common, average-priced vehicle. This isn't specific to the Ridgeline or Honda.
Yes

View attachment 412841

I guess I got spoiled . My last 4 cars or trucks were toyotas.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
251 Posts
My Sport doesn't have this at all? $40K is cheap now days for a truck, most of the ones I looked at were well above $50K, and quite a few were pushing more than that!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Its not a big deal, but also not related to the MSRP at least from my perspective. It just looks and feels crappy. May try and sand or shave it smooth someday.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its not a big deal, but also not related to the MSRP at least from my perspective. It just looks and feels crappy. May try and sand or shave it smooth someday.
Gorgeous interior with the exception of these unfinished door panels.

·
Registered
21 RL RTL-E Silver
96 Posts
My 21 looks the same but I can live with it. To be fair you really need to focus on the panel to see it. Isn’t very obvious.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, I agree. I will look at not looking down at it while driving. Should make my driving much safer.

·
Administrator
18,544 Posts
Be careful with sanding. While that can knock down the unwanted plastic, it will also dull the surface making it appear lighter and will need perpetually "dressed" to keep it dark.

Shaving can work, but nicks are a possibility and so are undulations making it look even worse.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Be careful with sanding. While that can knock down the unwanted plastic, it will also dull the surface making it appear lighter and will need perpetually "dressed" to keep it dark.

Shaving can work, but nicks are a possibility and so are undulations making it look even worse.
Agreed and that's why I havent tackled it yet. Waiting for a braver forum member to post their successful technique!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Never noticed anything like this on my RL. But then again, I don't really care that much about it. Does the door open and close properly? Does it leak? Does it keep wind out? Does the window roll up and down? If so...all good. I'm happy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts