Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read where some owners weren't too sure about whether to paint their lock kits. I used TouchUpDirect.com and got very good results. I won't be installing the lock kit until about April. I'm sure the paint match is very close. I'll know better in the sunlight, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Looks good. I am sure both options will end up looking great, either leaving black or painting. Your are the first to show that painting is a viable option. Any issues getting good paint spread under the flip handle? Any runs/drips?

Paul.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I disassembled the unit. No runs or drips but the paint did get a little thick at the back of the recess. I gave it a full day to dry before clearcoating it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe a little better focus.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
Looks great! I'm really thinking about painting my handle as well, any chance you could hold up the handle to your truck and snap a photo?

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I disassembled the unit. No runs or drips but the paint did get a little thick at the back of the recess. I gave it a full day to dry before clearcoating it.
Maybe a little better focus.
Looks good to me! I am sold and just ordered deep scarlet pearl. The black looks ok but the paint looks better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts