Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just put down a deposit on an RTL-E Modern Steel Metallic/black interior, in-transit and due in a few days. After placing the deposit, the dealer asked if I'd like to order any accessories to go with it at 15% INSTALLED.

First, is this a good deal for accessories installed on a new Ridgeline?

Second, what are your favorite accessories for a stock RTL-E?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Think about doe edge guards or film, side moldings, & splash guards. Some folks also put door visors & a hood deflector on. Check out Bernardo Honda or College Hills Honda parts web sites - they seem to have the best prices around. You can compare their prices to what you're being offered. Good luck & congrats!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Some mats, mud guard/flaps, door edge guards, window visors should be considered.

Mats can be acquired from Husky or WeatherTech, I think most use WeatherTech up front and Husky for the back.

Mud flaps from the dealer should be okay, that's what I have. They may be a bit small but I like them.

Door edge guards, I got mine on Amazon. I think it's 3M. Installation was quick, just take ur time. There's a layer on the layer that you put on, I didn't know for a few weeks so the film was slightly off-color. I took the extra layer off and it's crystal clear.

I got my window visors from AVS through Amazon, cheaper and I like the look of them better than the OEM.

Running boards may be something you like, there's more in the aftermarket area though. Although the OEM Illuminated ones look very nice.

I want to install a roof rack, although I'll probably never use it. I really just like the looks of it.

The OEM tonneau isn't a horrible option, but there's a decent amount of aftermarkets out there. It all depends on your needs.

Congrats on the truck!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Some accessories tend to get from Honda... spash guards, body side mouldings. This time I skipped the body side mouldings because I don't like the placement.

For any open bed truck, some form of bed covering is important for utility. Should also consider a mat over slippery plastic bed liners to help keep cargo from sliding around. Personally like to shop these aftermarket.

If short legged, should strongly consider the running board steps. Might sound trivial but they save a lot of wear on the edges of the seats inside a truck. This design reduces the splash on the sides and provides some bodybside protection. I went back for the running boards last week (got the illuminated type). They make enough of a difference for my needs.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
I've added a few accessories to my RL (they are listed in my signature below). If were to buy a new RL, I'd probably add all the same goodies. I'm going to list them in order of importance and why.

#1 Rear splash guards - I don't know why the G1 came with front only splash guards, but having all four is a necessity IMHO.

#2 Weathertech mats - I've always been very picky about the appearance about my vehicles, carpet mats in a truck are a bad idea IMHO. The WT mats let me use the truck as a truck and not obsess about it.

When installed in 2012

Today

#3 BakFlip bed cover - What is it with people who throw their trash in open pickup beds them in parking lots?! I remember this being an issue when I owned trucks in the 80s and was surprised when this happened with my RL. The BakFlip adds an amazing amount of utility and gets 95% out of the way with just a few flips. Removing it completely is relatively easy as well.

#4 iPod adapter - Not much to listen to on the radio where I live and very few Sirius channels appeal to me. Sirius channels I did like seemed to be very repetitive. So instead, I pay up $14.99 a month for Apple Music and My wife and I can add any song in the Apple library to our iPods for free as well as ripping all my CDs, LPs, bootleg tapes, and even recordings of my brother's band to iTunes. I've got about 10,000 songs I actually want to listen to on random play in my truck and my wife has her favorites in her car.

#5 Speaker / Tweeter upgrade - The speakers on the G1 are really sub-par. Adding two pairs of co-axial (or better still component speakers) and upgrading the tweeters makes a bit difference in the sound for as little as $150.

#6 Dynamat - While you are replacing the speakers, thoughtful application of Dynamite can really quiet the cabin.

#7 Pop-n-Lock - Initially I installed a Dynolock, but after two actuator failures, I put in a Pop-n-Lock along with a bypass switch so the lock doesn't activate every. single. time. I. lock/unlock. the. back. doors. Locking tailgate with BakFlip provides a reasonably secure storage area.

#8 BedRug - So far as I know, it's the only option that won't interfere with the trunk lid staying up and it's great for saving your knees when you get in the back and makes the tailgate downright comfy to sit on. But it sucks trying to get pine straw needles our of the BedRug every year when I need to pick up 90-100 bales for our flower beds (18-bales per load, I've got it down to a science :) ). Next truck I think I would hold off on getting a BedRug and see if I miss having it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts