Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I have a Garmin 2610 and have been very happy with it. Any of the 2600 Garmin series are great units. The dash bases are quite small and inexpensive or you can use the included bean bag mount. The latest software covers the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rice and includes almost 6 million points of interest.
I really like the added ability to plot routes on your PC and then download them to your unit. I have planned several trips in the 5-6000 mile range.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I have had the Road Mate 700 and it was fine, but I just got the tomtom 700 and it's fantastic. The bluetooth ability really makes it very nice. I highly reccommend it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just picked up a Garmin iQue M5 (Pocket PC w/ integrated GPS) as an early Christmas gift from the missus :D It has a window mount with 12V adapter and built-in speaker and works great!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Like sixop I am looking at an early gift. But I am strongly considering the TomTom 700.

·
Registered
774 Posts
bonerep said:
I have had the Road Mate 700 and it was fine, but I just got the tomtom 700 and it's fantastic. The bluetooth ability really makes it very nice. I highly reccommend it.
What are the screen sizes of the models you mentioned? Does the "7" indicate larger 7" models. If yes, where did you mount a larger portable nav unit?

·
Registered
774 Posts
I had the Roadmate 700 mounted on the dash with velcro. Not fancy but it worked. See attached photo. I've mounted the tomtom 700 in the passengers cup holder on the center console. I haven't attached it permantantly but so far it work how I have it. I take a picture when it's light out and post it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
You know? I went down this road? I returned the magellan 1100.00 dollar model....so disappointed:( Then I had this awakening!!! I want a Laptop!!! why not buy the software to go with it. So, I did. Laptop ( 14 inch wide screen ultra bright w/ microsoft streets and trips 2006. What a perfect combo. Now that I am not travelling, I am in my living room with my wireless laptop watching CSI and keeping in touch with my ROC family. What a great life.:D

·
Registered
774 Posts
bonerep said:
I had the Roadmate 700 mounted on the dash with velcro. Not fancy but it worked. See attached photo. I've mounted the tomtom 700 in the passengers cup holder on the center console. I haven't attached it permantantly but so far it work how I have it. I take a picture when it's light out and post it.
Thanks for the picture of your nav- nice woodgrain insert on your dash.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought the Garmin StreetPilot 2720. I used it on the trip to Tunica, MS and was very satisfied with the performance. Being able to find a particular restaurant on the trip was nice. I am using the included beanbag mount and have had no problems. I looked at the TomTom, but when I found the StreetPilot on sale on Amazon, I decided to go with it and I am glad I did.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts