Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just testing the waters here. I am located in SE PA and have been planning an ATV ride from Yankee Stadium to Citizens Bank Park to raise money for ALS. My cousin has the awful disease. I sold my ATV to a local guy and proceeded to look for a newer one that would stand up to the ride. Long story short, I got scammed for $2100.00 and will never see the money. Nobody hurt, but a huge lesson learned.

My thought is this. 25+ Ridgelines meet at Valley Forge National Park and donate $25 per truck as a pre-registered fee. We could then present the Philadelphia chapter with a check from the ROC at the Annual ALS Walk at Citizens Bank Park on November 7, 2009. I am struggling with the fact that my plan fell apart because of some jerk that preys on people trying to help others. I have hope for humanity and think that the ROC is full of people that can help.

Thank you for reading this...

John

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
ALS is a horrible disease!!

I hope something works out for you to raise money for ALS. I too have a cousin that was diagnosed with ALS several months ago. She started out being able to walk with a walker, but has already had to start using a wheelchair.

There is a Charity walk for ALS in Columbus, Ohio on Sept. 27th starting at the Fred Beekman Park. Meeting at 10 am the walk will start at 11 am.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Just testing the waters here. I am located in SE PA and have been planning an ATV ride from Yankee Stadium to Citizens Bank Park to raise money for ALS. My cousin has the awful disease. I sold my ATV to a local guy and proceeded to look for a newer one that would stand up to the ride. Long story short, I got scammed for $2100.00 and will never see the money. Nobody hurt, but a huge lesson learned.

My thought is this. 25+ Ridgelines meet at Valley Forge National Park and donate $25 per truck as a pre-registered fee. We could then present the Philadelphia chapter with a check from the ROC at the Annual ALS Walk at Citizens Bank Park on November 7, 2009. I am struggling with the fact that my plan fell apart because of some jerk that preys on people trying to help others. I have hope for humanity and think that the ROC is full of people that can help.

Thank you for reading this...

John
I'm in, John. I had two in-law relatives die from ALS and I wouldn't wish that death on anyone. I'm hoping the NE Gang will join us. I don't know if you could do it as a ROC event, but we could do it on our own.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in, John. I had two in-law relatives die from ALS and I wouldn't wish that death on anyone. I'm hoping the NE Gang will join us. I don't know if you could do it as a ROC event, but we could do it on our own.

Good deal, going to be at the ball park regardless on 11/7. Great event put on by the Philadelphia Chapter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts