Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a possible feature, i'm hoping that i can add when i get my RL.
I have this feature in my VW Passat called alientech, here's the url/website
http://www.alientech.net/
Seems that you can unlock the RL and roll down the windows with the key, but can't roll it back up or put a 1/4 in. gap. Is it possible to adapt this to the RL's window mechanism??

·
Registered
52 Posts
kanji said:
Here's a possible feature, i'm hoping that i can add when i get my RL.
I have this feature in my VW Passat called alientech, here's the url/website
http://www.alientech.net/
Seems that you can unlock the RL and roll down the windows with the key, but can't roll it back up or put a 1/4 in. gap. Is it possible to adapt this to the RL's window mechanism??
Rolling them back up - requires putting the key into the driver door. rotate ccw once. let the key roll back to its neutral position. leaving the key in rotate ccw and HOLD. watch the windows roll back up.

Getting that Gap - for the longest time I was double tapping the unlock on the fob and was wondering why my windows would open with a little gap. This was before I found out about the all window drop feature on the truck. You can get that gap you want just by holding the the unlock down until the windows roll down to the desired gap.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I'm certain the reason you can't roll them back up with the remote key fob is for safety reasons. If your standing at the drivers door, chances are you will notice a passanger or your pet with thier head out the window :eek: . Not as likely if your 50 feet away.

By the way, this feature wins my vote for the "Never had it before-can't live without it now" Award!! What a great thing after work when the truck's been baking in the parking lot. :)

L

·
0 Posts
Ditto on the baking Steve!!!! "I love it...can't live without it" feature has my vote as well!!!!
By the time I cross the parking lot from the mall, since I refuse to park anywhere but the last spot furthest away, the breeze has blown through my 'Line and I don't burn my #@& on the leather seats. I love it!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts