Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a video of my truck using the remote start.
Pros=
1. Run A/C for 10 to 15 minutes before entering truck. :act039:
2. Let oil Cycle in engine before putting stress on the engine, saves the engine from premature wear and tare. :act014:
3. Heat truck in the winter :act024:
4. Show off. :act035:
5. Have fun. :act029:
Cons = ........Still thinking........give me a some more time..........come back to you on that tomorrow.....

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
clean 2010! :cheerleader:

Was that avital just a remote starter or also a motion alarm system?

Now you need to show how the remote for your DVD player works with 10 Inc screens.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Problem is, prolonged idling wates gas and does nothing for the rest of the drivetrain.
Vehicles warm up best driving them easy the first few miles.

The best thing about auto start is getting the AC or heater going in temperature extremes. No doubt about that!
If you could lower the windows in the RL while the AC starts up for about a minute, it will likely cool even faster.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Problem is, prolonged idling wates gas and does nothing for the rest of the drivetrain.
Vehicles warm up best driving them easy the first few miles.

The best thing about auto start is getting the AC or heater going in temperature extremes. No doubt about that!
If you could lower the windows in the RL while the AC starts up for about a minute, it will likely cool even faster.
I will see the point of getting into a cool car with over 100 degree temperature, It is a luxury since more gas is consumed in either case, using it at the right time can save the 30 seconds it is recommended for the engine being on before taking off and being inside in a cold or hot cabin until you take off. The days of warming up a car for 5 minutes are over, the only valid reason is having a car from the 70's but still like you said less than a minute and driving it at low rpms until it idles is sufficient to keep the engine from getting damaged.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
And driving it will warm up quicker too, as will the tranny, etc.

I've considered it myself, just the idea of running it a couple of minutes to get things going while I grab my coffee, etc. and the wife!!.. things I don't usually forget...is fine I think, esp. in extreme temps. It's definitely a convenience.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
What's up with all that wiring under the hood, especially running across the radiator?

The remote system I use, (compustar), utilizes the hood pin latch switch for safety. This feature does not allow remote starting with the hood open.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's up with all that wiring under the hood, especially running across the radiator?

The remote system I use, (compustar), utilizes the hood pin latch switch for safety. This feature does not allow remote starting with the hood open.
Ahh, yes of coarse. I did have the hood pin pushed in to allow the truck to start. and those wires are about to be rerouted with some plastic tubing and will be ran in a new spot. Temp location and fused for protection

·
Registered
37 Posts
I love my viper remote start!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts