Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any recommendations of anything I can install in my Ridge that would increase my mpg's? Cold air intake, performance chip, spark plugs, etc? Im currently getting 13mpg. Dont need to know why I'm getting 13mpg's. just need to know what I can add to make it better. Yes my tire pressure is correct. No I dont smash the pedal.

·
Premium Member
4,576 Posts
Does anyone have any recommendations of anything I can install in my Ridge that would increase my mpg's? Cold air intake, performance chip, spark plugs, etc? Im currently getting 13mpg. Dont need to know why I'm getting 13mpg's. just need to know what I can add to make it better. Yes my tire pressure is correct. No I dont smash the pedal.
I was also getting lousy mileage, but when the truck passed 20,000 miles the mileage started coming up. I have throttle body space, AIR RAID filter and Mganaflow Cat Back Exhaust. On my last run down to Tucson and back, cruising at 75 MPH, I averaged 20 mpg!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Replacing the loose nut behind the wheel with a little old lady works pretty good as long as she is not from Pasadena.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Changing to 0-30 weight "mobil one" synthetic gave me a solid 2-4 mpg more. ON the highway between NC and NY I get 22 between 70 and 80. If I draft a truck 90% of that gas tank, on level ground at 65 -75, I get 24 easily.
Last month I let my air pressure drop to 22 due to winter. all four even at 22, thery were at 35 when they were rotated, at 10K. and before I checked them I was down to 16mpg. Some of this could have been cold weather formula gas. I did notice the michelins that came with it rode softer and more even with 30 lbs than at 22 lbs. I hav never had tires for a truck before so perhaps you feel the sidewalls more when the truck tires are low since they are supposed to be stiffer.

·
Premium Member
7,780 Posts
The absolute best aftermarket products for better gas mileager is your right foot and the brain it's attached to.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Replacing the loose nut behind the wheel with a little old lady works pretty good as long as she is not from Pasadena.
Any Idea where she might be?? It would be my luck that she came from Pasadena and she wouldn't hang around long since I don't have a 409...:act051:

·
Registered
26 Posts
All my vehicles always ran better and got better gas mileage when they were freshly washed and waxed. :cheerleader:

. . . just joking, but it always seemed that way. :act030:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I went through the auto parts store today looking for a new foot & brain. Doesn't look like they carry them. Maybe I have to go mail order?

- Chip

The absolute best aftermarket products for better gas mileager is your right foot and the brain it's attached to.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I went through the auto parts store today looking for a new foot & brain. Doesn't look like they carry them. Maybe I have to go mail order?

- Chip
LMAO!!! If you find a place, please let me know. The ones I have are apparently off warranty and I'm not overly pleased with the performance.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
I agree with increasing mileage after 20K. I'm at 27K and I'm getting around 15mpg in town. Consider losing any weight you carry in the truck that you don't need to carry. I tend to carry tools, survival equpment, emergency response stuff that I'm sure increases the truck's weight.

If you are not doing so, try unleaded gasoline instead of E-10. In my state
E-10 is 10 cents cheaper, however I get about 1-2 mpg increase with straight unleaded. It's slightly more cost effective.

Probably with all the cosmetic add ons, your bed cover may help a bit, but everything else you mount on the outside of your vehicle just adds weight and may compromise aerodynamics. I've considered a K/N filter but just haven't made the leap, but you may want to try it.

Like another post eluded to, watch how you drive.

·
Registered
97 Posts
don't waste your money on junk. drive right and check the tire pressures and keep the revs low. city driving will be lousy anyways. it is a truck afterall, not a 4 cylinder tacoma!

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I just have one basic principle for driving my Ridgeline...."Floor the gas, lose your ass."

I often get 22-23 mpg on the highway, and have gotten 25 or more several times. I don't drive like a little ol' lady, but I do try to keep the revs at 2500 or below. And just one note.....a bed cover will give you about one mpg better mileage. Love my Retrax....even if it didn't improve my mpg.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts