Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a 11 RTL. perfect interior. I was changing the cabin air filter and noticed there way no "Arm" that attached to the glove box. Only the rubber bumpers. next to the filter there is a bracket with an empty plastic tube that i cant see a function for this part. did it come from the factory with the pneumatic arm to slowly lower the glove box? could it be missing? there is a screw on the side of the box where something should attach

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
yep, this part.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
nope, but this might help you with the parts guy at the dealership.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,670 Posts
The new part should just slide back in the tube. While I can pop off the damper with my thumb, getting it back on is harder and I use a pair of pliers to snap it back on.

The way it mounts on my glove box is such that to remove it, you pop it off towards the floor and vice versa to reinstall it. To be properly oriented, the opening is up, not down on the damper.

This it typically removed (from the glove box) in the process of changing the cabin air filter so you can drop the glove box down to get to the filter. (an easy DIY job). Sometimes the damper comes out of the tube if you forget to remove it while dropping the glove box.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts