Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi- I'd been considering a G1 Ridgeline, but was put off by the gas mileage. When the G2 came out, it seemed like a good update, and I've taken a test-drive and also cross-shopped most other trucks (mid- and full-size). I keep coming back to the Ridgeline, so here I am! Like some folks here, I have a couple of issues with the truck: Restricted rear doors, and the lack of a tailgate lock. I think I can live with the doors, and will take care of the lock later. Otherwise, the Ridgeline fits what we need a truck for.

I hope to wrap up a deal soon, so if you have had a good experience with a NH dealer, I'd appreciate a PM (or update here). I'm looking for an RTL-E in Deep Scarlet Pearl (but might also consider Obsidian Blue).

Thanks to all for the great info here, I'm looking forward to contributing!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Welcome to the ROC! And good luck shopping/buying.

I was originally going to purchase a G2, but ended up in a G1 for a variety of reasons. I would say, look closely at the differences and see which one suits your requirements best.

As for being turned off by the G1 fuel economy, I don't think it's that bad for what you get. Since buying my 2014 G1 about two months ago, I've been posting about my mpg results here: http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/7-1g-under-hood-performance/166698-2014-g1-first-tank-mpg-range.html

Here's a photo from a recent highway run in my G1:

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the ROC! And good luck shopping/buying.

I was originally going to purchase a G2, but ended up in a G1 for a variety of reasons. I would say, look closely at the differences and see which one suits your requirements best.

As for being turned off by the G1 fuel economy, I don't think it's that bad for what you get. Since buying my 2014 G1 about two months ago, I've been posting about my mpg results here: http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/7-1g-under-hood-performance/166698-2014-g1-first-tank-mpg-range.html
Thank you! I forgot to mention that I do need a telescoping steering wheel, so that also pushed me toward a G2. Your gas mileage is impressive, though; best of luck with your Ridgeline!

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Good Luck & Have Fun with your "Soon to be New G2"

Check out the Shoppin' and Test Drivin' many recent discussion of new G1 owners and their shopping experiences.

Welcome to the ROC.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good Luck & Have Fun with your "Soon to be New G2"

Check out the Shoppin' and Test Drivin' many recent discussion of new G1 owners and their shopping experiences.

Welcome to the ROC.
Thanks! I've picked up my new Ridgeline: a black RTL-E. It's both my first truck and first Honda, and so far I'm very happy.

Next up is to get door sill plates from 5S Dude. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcomes, and info on the rear doors! So far they haven't been as big a problem as I thought they might be. I'm also pretty impressed that I could fit our usual set of groceries in the in-bed trunk. With my sedan, I used to fill part of the back seat too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts