Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK folks.

Just curious here.

Now I am not recommending this by any means, but I have to ask....

Has anybody installed a power adder to your RL?

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (white on beige) in central Texas
1,792 Posts
Yeah, I installed 93 octane gas in a near empty tank in lieu of my usual 87; yielded a tad bit more 'ooomph' to low-end acceleration with a trailer load, per the butt dyno.

Allowed slightly more aggressive knock-free timing advance by the OE PCM I suspect.

I didn't continue the practice, don't need that particular added power, there's demonstrably no economic payback for my driving style (mileage increase, if any, doesn't offset higher fuel cost). I'm not running 1/8 mile for timeslips or pinkslips :LOL:.

Nope, nothing else, I'm into long-term hassle-free warranty preservation (both OE and HondaCare; 93 octane 'power adder' has no possible adverse impact on either). ;)

Reactions: DOB

·
Registered
516 Posts
.......careful, bulwnkl will want proof positive of 30hp, graphs, charts, tables, etc.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The fact that it is normally aspirated does not by itself make it a waste of time. It's that we are talking about RL's that make it a waste of time.

In all the car/truck forums that I have been in there have been discussions about this topic.

So I thought that maybe someone somewhere thought about boosting up a RL.

Thought it would be interesting.

Heck, I have seen blown Chevy motors in a BMW!

Takes all kinds...

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
The fact that it is normally aspirated does not by itself make it a waste of time. It's that we are talking about RL's that make it a waste of time.

In all the car/truck forums that I have been in there have been discussions about this topic.

Thought it would be interesting.

Heck, I have seen blown Chevy motors in a BMW!

Takes all kinds...
Just because it is an RL does not make it a waste of time ether. If you enjoy your ride stock that's great. I have a hard time leaving anything stock

I have thought about boosting my G1. Actually have a full kit complete with injectors sitting on a shelf in my garage ready to go. For now, I am enjoying the current mods. Hot air intake ;), 70mm ZDX throttle body and ported intake manifold, level 2 cams and complete aftermarket exhaust, RV6-P cat delete and J-Pipe with Magnaflow HF cat and Borla cat back. All tied together with KTuner, rolling on 20's dropped 2".

Actually still working on a one off individual throttle body set up.... build kind of stalled after I purchased my Fiero GT.

To each his own ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just because it is an RL does not make it a waste of time ether. If you enjoy your ride stock that's great. I have a hard time leaving anything stock

I have thought about boosting my G1. Actually have a full kit complete with injectors sitting on a shelf in my garage ready to go. For now, I am enjoying the current mods. Hot air intake ;), 70mm ZDX throttle body and ported intake manifold, level 2 cams and complete aftermarket exhaust, RV6-P cat delete and J-Pipe with Magnaflow HF cat and Borla cat back. All tied together with KTuner, rolling on 20's dropped 2".

Actually still working on a one off individual throttle body set up.... build kind of stalled after I purchased my Fiero GT.

To each his own ;)
Hey Ghost,

Thanks for posting.

Like I said...

"In all the car/truck forums that I have been in there have been discussions about this topic.

Thought it would be interesting."

I have a new 2020 RTL-e with extended warranty and I have no intent on voiding that.

On the other hand I have owned many boosted cars in the past and find the topic interesting and I knew someone here would be doing this.

I had a 9 second "street legal" corvette (back when 9 seconds was fast 20 years ago)

Custom built race motor with a 3 stage Nitrous system. Spent over $250,000 on that car over the years racing it.

I won my class 4 times in the Super Bowl of Street Legal Drag Racing and was in Fastest street car magazine five times.

I have a 6 cyl twin turbo Sport sedan in my garage right now.

Go for it!

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Sweet!

I've always been more of an N/A guy. Never owned a boosted vehicle. I have tuned 4-5 boosted Honda's for friends, nothing notable or magazine worthy! ;)

I have yet to spend $250,000 on a lifetime of vehicles combined...lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sweet!

I've always been more of an N/A guy. Never owned a boosted vehicle. I have tuned 4-5 boosted Honda's for friends, nothing notable or magazine worthy! ;)

I have yet to spend $250,000 on a lifetime of vehicles combined...lol
Easy to do really.

Cost of car, molly roll cage, 3 Custom built race motors, 8 transmissions, custom drive train, NHRA safety equipment, custom aluminum seats, electronics, gauges, computer systems, multiple custom rear ends, custom suspension, all the stuff that breaks and needs to be replaced, wheels, tires, Custom fabrication, custom intake, NOS systems, custom brakes, lines, programming, etc. etc , etc.

Just a part, like a custom tail shaft housing was $2000.00! And that was 20 years ago!

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,874 Posts
When you are talking about power adders, you mean nitrous oxide, superchargers, and turbos?

Using our awesome Search function, here are some threads for you read and relish on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts