Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 RTL. I recently developed a problem with the power locks. The locks will only lock manually. They will not lock with the keyless entry, or with the power lock button (either the driver's side or the passenger's side). They also stopped locking when I take the vehicle out of Park. The doors will however unlock with the keyless entry and with the power lock buttons. They will also unlock when I shift the vehicle into Park. I have not added or removed anything from the vehicle. I went to our local Honda dealer to ask if they have ever heard of or seen anything like this. The answer I got was no. I am new to this forum but I thought I would put this out there and see if anyone has any ideas or experience with this. Thanks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have had an issue with a single lock actuator going bad, but have not heard of anything like this. I don't know if a different fuse is in play when using the remote fob, but wouldn't hurt to check. On my 06, only the driver's door unlocks when I put it in park, I have to use the switch to unlock the others.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Garland, thanks for your reply. Yea, in my case. I can unlock all the doors just fine through all the normal means. But can only lock the doors manually. It is an interesting one. I thought with all the folks using this forum that someone else might have run into this. Once I resolve it, I will be sure to post what the issue was. Thanks again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
on my 07 rtl cant lock or unlock drivers door with remote have to use key and when i put in park all doors open but drivers . have to lock and unlock drivers door by pulling up the button .changed lock actuator but no change. going for switch on door panel next

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback. My issue is interesting in the sense that I can only lock the doors manually. I was thinking that it might be my security system, and that was preventing me from being able to lock the doors. But if I lock all the doors manually, and then push the lock button on my remote twice, it will arm the security system. I still have not given up (meaning I have not scheduled an appointment at the dealer). I have searched the web and can not seem to find anyone else, or any threads on this issue. I will keep looking, thanks for your response. Once I figure it out, I will be sure to post the results.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good Evening All, Still no solution for my lock issue..... Thanks CUinaRidge for the suggestion on changing out the Actuator. The issue I am having is the same for all four doors. Is there one Actuator, or is there one for each door? If there is one, this could be s possibility. I am under the impression that there is one for each door. What ever the issue is, it is effecting all four doors the same, that is the biggest clue that I have. I am suspecting the relay for the locks as a possibility. Does anyone out there have any experience with relays and any thoughts as to this being a possibility. Oh yea, one other piece of data, the security system seems to work fine, if I manually lock all the doors, and then push the lock button on the keyless entry (twice) it will set the security system, which tells me that all the switches on all the doors are working properly. (I did learn that if you have the factory security system and it sense a door, hood, or truck, or tailgate (swung open), it will not allow you to auto lock.
I have faith I will find the issue!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts