Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced and solved the following problem:

The warning lights for VTM-4 and VSA come on at the same time and then the check engine light comes on and the vehicle losses engine power. In order to get going again, you need to pullover and put the transmission in park and restart the engine or place the transmission in neutral and restart the engine. The check engine remains on but when the code is found, it says the problem is intermittent and thus can't be solved.

I am getting ready to take a 30 day trip to Arizona and California and I would like to get this fixed before I am stranded hundreds of miles from a qualified technician.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The check engine remains on but when the code is found, it says the problem is intermittent and thus can't be solved.

I would like to get this fixed before I am stranded hundreds of miles from a qualified technician.
These 2 sentences bug me... If you have a light on, there is a code stored. Intermittent or not, it can be diagnosed. Are you sure whomever looked at it is 'qualified'???

Can you tell us more? What DTC is set?

VSA and VTM4 lights will come on with the MIL. This is normal. It's setting communication codes as a default. Do you know which light illuminates first? What are the conditions when the lights come on (high/low speed, hot/cold, etc..)?
When you pull over and cycle the ignition, the DTC is stored as temporary and the truck goes into backup mode. The doesn't mean the problem is gone, just that it isn't there at the moment. The DTC you pull will help diagnose this issue.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,877 Posts
Has anyone experienced and solved the following problem:

The warning lights for VTM-4 and VSA come on at the same time and then the check engine light comes on and the vehicle losses engine power. In order to get going again, you need to pullover and put the transmission in park and restart the engine or place the transmission in neutral and restart the engine. The check engine remains on but when the code is found, it says the problem is intermittent and thus can't be solved.

I am getting ready to take a 30 day trip to Arizona and California and I would like to get this fixed before I am stranded hundreds of miles from a qualified technician.
As you can see, there are a lot of things that can cause the VTM-4 light to come on:

Not to mention the VSA light:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts